Gas Disconects. Should They Be So Darn Hard To Remove Or Is There A Tr

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gros21

Reaction score
ok i finally kegged my beers, i tried to remove my gas disconnects and tehy didnt want to budge i did try to hard i pulled that collar up and pulled witah bit of pressure but no luck

as my chest freeser hasn't been set up yet it was just a temp set up.

Oh and i over fille done of my kegs so when i release pressuer it forced beer into lines :(

i do have a one way valve protecting the guage though but 2 kegs are inter connected

ok i finally kegged my beers, i tried to remove my gas disconnects and tehy didnt want to budge i did try to hard i pulled that collar up and pulled witah bit of pressure but no luck

as my chest freeser hasn't been set up yet it was just a temp set up.

Oh and i over fille done of my kegs so when i release pressuer it forced beer into lines :(

i do have a one way valve protecting the guage though but 2 kegs are inter connected

errrr....Connects the right way round ???????

1 thing I can think of,

Keg lube ! :rolleyes:

Put a bit of this stuff on the beer out post and o-rings and you should be able to remove your lines. Though as screwy said you may have put a gas connect on a beer connect.

Just a tip. make sure your one-way valve is working . You certainly don't want beer getting into your reg, as several on this board would agree.

gary

yep i have checked gary disconect to 'in' post

are the posts on the correct in & out threads? (can the posts actually be put on the wrong keg in/outs?.. havent actually tried myself)

beers taht is highly likely as i did rip each keg aprat and soak all parts in a cleaner. how do tell which post is what?
and how do i removed teh posts if they are on the wrong one?

The gas post has a groove, usually running around the centre of nut at the base of the post. The beer out wont have this.

I've only done this once. I took the disconnect apart & leavered it off with a screw driver - totally minced the disconnect though (but it still works). I'm sure someone will have a better idea.

You need to use a hammer. Everything can be fixed with either a hammer or duct tape.

a simple screwdriver worked I mixed the posts up. But disconnets got a damaged but men yesterday was pay day and I wanted spares anyway.

You need to use a hammer. Everything can be fixed with either a hammer or duct tape.

If it doesnt move and it should... hammer!

If it moves and it shouldnt... duct tape!

Just make sure to twist it left and right whilst trying to remove it rather than trying to pull it straight off. much easier.

Back