Gas Bottle Troubles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooza

Reaction score
hi, i recently bought 2 cornys and a gas bottle second hand. the bottle is 110mm across and 250mm high. the bottle still read about 1/3 full and i got 2 kegs out of it. problem now is that it needs to be tested and re stamped and the local hbs won't fill it here in toowoomba qld (they are the only co2 refiller in town). the size reads cs on the sticker and from what i can see it is 1kg nett. rang pressure technologies in brisbane and he seems to think it may not be approved bottle. is there any way of telling? if it is approved it will cost $55 is this reasonable? is there anyone else that will test them maybe closer to or around the ipswich area?

SNC00294.jpg

$55 to fill a 1kg tank is a massive rip, IMO. I get my 6.8kg swapped over for $45, or there abouts give or take a clam or two.

$55 to fill a 1kg tank is a massive rip, IMO. I get my 6.8kg swapped over for $45, or there abouts give or take a clam or two.

$55 to get it tested or filled?

$55 for testing i assume is pretty decent?
Mines yet to be out of date, so i couldnt tell you, but is assumed it would be more...

local hbs suplier of air up charges $25 for 2.3kg or $50 for 4.5kg

Back