Gage Roads New London Best Bitter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BottleBitch

Reaction score
Come down to the Norfolk this weekend and try Gage Roads NEW London Best Bitter
Seasonal release, 4.4%, 8 malts, 5 hops and very quaffable
Will have a list next week where else you can get it on tap around Freo and Perth.

Cheers and Beers

Herbstoffe

I will be at the Norfolk tonight. Will check it out for sure!

I will be at the Norfolk tonight. Will check it out for sure!

I recon that I might pop down tonight as well, our beers always taste better at the Norfolk I recon and it will be interesting to taste it outside of the brewery.

I was going to swing through tonight, but reckon I'll give it a sample monday after work instead.

Just having a stubby of this at the moment, not a bad beer

Easy drinking

Rook

I have been a big fan of this beer for a while now. I think I can taste fuggles in the mix somewhere, a hop I think is a little under-rated.

I had this about a month ago on tap at the "Whale + Ale" up in clarkson.
It was OK, lacking in flavour a bit though. They served it too cold so I had to hold onto it for 20min or so to warm it up.
Even then it was a bit bland, I wouldn't pay premium import prices for it, but it was nice compared to other domestic beer.
I only bought it because it was being promoted at $5 a pint.

I was a bit unimpressed by this beer. Alot of Aussie brewers seem to really capture the essence of a true English bitter...though I guess the majority Aussies have never tried one either!

In a market (Australia) where there are very few good commercial examples of English Bitter, I thought it was good to see somebody give it a decent go. It may not be as authentic as cask ale in an old English pub, but I thought it was a good attempt at the style. Very easy to drink!

The New batch of London Best should pretty much be on the streets by now, look for the gold medal on the neck label, Im drinking old stock right now that went out of date on the 16/08/08 and its still drinking good, for a 12 month old beer thats saying something.

The New batch of London Best should pretty much be on the streets by now, look for the gold medal on the neck label, Im drinking old stock right now that went out of date on the 16/08/08 and its still drinking good, for a 12 month old beer thats saying something.
Just out of interest, what did it get a gold medal for?

Tried this a few months ago and wasn't that impressed, a little ordinary flavour-wise, a bit bland, rather drinkable but not worth the price IMO. Something from the UK (Shepherds Neame or Fullers for example) is better tasting.

Back