• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs; Honey

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry is there a typo? $15 per kilo?
$6 a kilo was bording on normal price for bulk honey from supplier. We might be getting $4 per kilo soon. $15 is more than what uber markets charge.

$6 a kilo was bording on normal price for bulk honey from supplier. We might be getting $4 per kilo soon. $15 is more than what uber markets charge.

Hey CM2, I have no idea why it's that price. It's bloody good stuff, and my uncle sells heaps of it for this price and some varieties are more expensive again (up to $28/kg)! It's only a hobby.
I bought some in bulk for myself and a few mates and thought maybe some brewers on here might want some too.

Ok so it seems I may have made a mistake with this honey........

- CM2 you were correct......

My aunty informed me of the price and I accidentally put the price of "creamed" honey up on here ($15/kg).

Obviously to make mead you don't need "creamed" honey.

So the actual price is $6/kg for orders of 20kg or more PLUS you need to provide a container, or add that cost on. (Could probably get a bunnings container?)

I am located on the Darling Downs in Queensland, but can drop down to Brisbane or put on freight.

Cheers,

Ben

Ok so it seems I may have made a mistake with this honey........

- CM2 you were correct......

My aunty informed me of the price and I accidentally put the price of "creamed" honey up on here ($15/kg).

Obviously to make mead you don't need "creamed" honey.

So the actual price is $6/kg for orders of 20kg or more PLUS you need to provide a container, or add that cost on. (Could probably get a bunnings container?)

I am located on the Darling Downs in Queensland, but can drop down to Brisbane or put on freight.

Cheers,

Ben
now thats a great price. Yeah just yuse the bunnings water jerrycans.

Ok so I have managed to find a source for some containers, 15lt cubes/pails are $9. 15lt will give you 21kg of honey. I have to purchase these in lots of 15.
I am thinking a bulk buy would be the best bet for the honey, so I will start a thread tonight.
I don't have time to look into freight costs, so if you need freight just google places in Toowoomba and give them a call.
Cheers,
Ben

FWIW:
Another Option
$22 ish for 3Kg plus shipping

No affiliation or experience with them. Looking into mead fun and this is best I have found so far for my needs. Obviously honey and suppliers are not one and same, so this product your looking at my be the better option?

FWIW:
Another Option
$22 ish for 3Kg plus shipping

No affiliation or experience with them. Looking into mead fun and this is best I have found so far for my needs. Obviously honey and suppliers are not one and same, so this product your looking at my be the better option?
Archibalds are great. Thats where i buy from but lets keep this on topic for the seller.

Back