• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS Brisbane: Whirlpool Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adimacca

Reaction score
Up for sale is my old Whirlpool Fridge/Freezer. It is a few years old but the seals have been replaced in the last 12 months.

It has one problem though. I think that there is something wrong with the thermostat as the freezer section runs a lot more than it should and then over freezes and clogs the vents into the fridge. for a while I was using it outside and just defrosting it every two weeks but it was just sucking too much power. I thought about attaching an external thermostat to it but the wife wants it gone and it's not really needed here anyway.

I thought that this would be a good place to put it up for sale as there's probably someone out there who knows exactly how to fix it, or someone that has a spare external thermostat hanging around.

Comes with all the original draws and shelves.

Asking for $50.

Located at McDowall in Brisbane.

DSC_0074-Optimized.JPGDSC_0076-Optimized.JPG
DSC_0077-Optimized.JPGDSC_0079-Optimized.JPGDSC_0078-Optimized.JPG

It will be either the defrost timer ($20 to $30), defrost thermostat ($15) or the defrost element (rare, up to $60). Anyone got a test meter and got an idea about electrical stuff I could help step you through the repair.

No guarantees, I'm not a fridge mechanic, and have no affiliation to the seller. Just would like to see the fridge saved from the scrap heap.

Latest posts

Back