• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS (Brisbane): D Size CO2 Gas Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brocasarea

Reaction score
Picked up a group of CO2 bottles from a restaurant. They do not have any gas company markings on them. They are out of date and need to be hydro tested. The person I bought them off knew basically nothing about them.

I have had one hydro tested and filled with 10kg of CO2 at OZ Aquatec. It cost me $50 for the test and $80 for the 10kg of gas. The guy there has had two of these apart. He said that they visually look great inside and none of the valves have been mucked around with.

I have two left to sell. One is complete and is ready to be hydro tested. The second has had a dent put in the valve by the guy at Oz Aquatec while getting it apart. It will need a new valve. He says they go for around $60 secondhand, but you would have to do some searching to actaully find one.

I'm confident that these bottles will pass. For the first bottle I'm willing to give a guarantee. If it doesn't pass, bring the bottle back and I'll give you a refund. The second one seems like a bit of mucking around for a guarantee, so it's going to punt for you. (Anyway, if it doesn't work out, you can scrap the bottle/valve for about $20.)

First complete bottle = $100
Second bottle that needs a valve = $20

And just to reiterate again - these bottles are untested!

20161111_171835.jpg

20161111_171845.jpg

Back