Frozen Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveHQ

Reaction score
i got home from work today and went to the fridge to grab a beer

when i opened the door i noticed some long necks had popped there lids and made a horrible mess :(

when i looked at the rest i noticed that they were all frozen!!!!! this is my beer fridge so it's packed full with beer, approx 20 stubbies and 30 long necks

what's going to happen to my beer? will it be ok when it de-frosts, or is it ruined :unsure:

Better drink them all now just in case its ruined them. :ph34r:

Youre beer will be fine if you let the fridge warm up a bit. Once they warm up from being frozen give it a few days for the co2 to re-absorb and theyll be fine.

My keg fridge was freezing my beer especially now its getting much colder this time of year. I just got one of those $5 timers from bunnings and now have it on 75% of the time it used to. No more frozen kegs.

thanks man, that makes me feel better :)

1 bottle exploded leaving a horrible mess, and i got a few popped tops, i can live with that!

i had visions of drinking a shit load of flat beer over the next few weeks, NO I WOULD NOT TIP IT OUT!!!

i got home from work today and went to the fridge to grab a beer

when i opened the door i noticed some long necks had popped there lids and made a horrible mess :(

when i looked at the rest i noticed that they were all frozen!!!!! this is my beer fridge so it's packed full with beer, approx 20 stubbies and 30 long necks

what's going to happen to my beer? will it be ok when it de-frosts, or is it ruined :unsure:

I think we should hire a bus and help this poor bloke out...

I have been barra fishing in NT in the middle of nowhere.
We had a freezer with us but no ice.

We just froze the cans of beer and mixed them up with cold ones in the esky.
They kept everything in the esky cold and by the end of the day they were ready to drink.
I really coudn't tell the difference.

I could hardly walk or talk by then though.

Back