Frosted Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginsoakedstranger

Reaction score
Hi all...just poured another glass of my partial-extract Little Creatures Clone that I've been enjoying of late, except this time I decided to frost up my glass. Now I know this may seem elementary but I can't believe the deference it makes to a pale ale. It is INFINITELY better. Oh my fu%kin god. The taste is so crisp, never mind the visual appeal of the head and lacing. The head looks so creamy and I just can't believe it took me so long to do this. Anyway it's the wee hours of the morning, family's asleep and had to share this glorious moment. Good night!

i assume it tastes better because of the 3 month old beef mince and half eaten thai curry thats been flavouring your fridge or freezer?!!?

I'd hate to break it to you, 'frosting' a glass is one of the silliest things todo to a beer. Smell your glass after frosting it. if it smells like a stale freezer, thats the flavour you're adding to your beer. if it smell like various frozen meats, even worse.

i assume it tastes better because of the 3 month old beef mince and half eaten thai curry thats been flavouring your fridge or freezer?!!?

I'd hate to break it to you, 'frosting' a glass is one of the silliest things todo to a beer. Smell your glass after frosting it. if it smells like a stale freezer, thats the flavour you're adding to your beer. if it smell like various frozen meats, even worse.

I grabbed a "clean " glass from the freezer the other week and the beer I poured init smelt like the prawn heads i threw in the freezer till bin day :icon_vomit: . I have found a box next to the beer fridge works best with ales and a glass from the beer fridge for a pils after working in the yard. the freezer strips too much for me.

cheers

Hi all...just poured another glass of my partial-extract Little Creatures Clone that I've been enjoying of late, except this time I decided to frost up my glass. Now I know this may seem elementary but I can't believe the deference it makes to a pale ale. It is INFINITELY better. Oh my fu%kin god. The taste is so crisp, never mind the visual appeal of the head and lacing. The head looks so creamy and I just can't believe it took me so long to do this. Anyway it's the wee hours of the morning, family's asleep and had to share this glorious moment. Good night!

Colder beer temp = less noticable flavour IMO. Maybe the cold temp is masking some off-flavours.

Back