Fridge Too Cold

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVOSTi

Reaction score
hi all,
just wondering is there something that can be done about my newly purchased fridge which is too cold. its a relatively old frost free fredge without freezer, and even on the warmest setting its poping beers. i was putting up with it for a while as i just kept the beers away from the back plate and made sure they werent in there long :) but now that its frozen a keg ive got to do something.

so long story short, is there something i can do/modify with the fridge to bump the temp up? could i just get a timer on the power point so it cycles on and off every few hours? or should i bite the bullet and get another fridge mate?

cheers,
kevin

Fridgemate will be the easiest from a set and forget point of view. Other than that run it on a timer switch.

Advantage of a fridgemate will be that you can adjust the temp to suit whatever beer your serving.

:icon_cheers: SJ

i would love to get another fridgemate, just not sure how im gonna explain to the mrs why i need one after i recently bought the fridge :( but really i probably should, the kegs are sitting out of the fridge doing nothing, such a waste.

Didn't you managed to score one really cheap off ebay? (at least thats what you tell her!!!)

:icon_cheers: SJ

haha she knows how much i paid for it, which is more than my previous beer fridge which i got for free and later punctured the gas line :(

Back