Friday Rant And Flame Fest - What Is Australia's National Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a POM Australian beer means Fosters. Was when I was there and apparently still is.
Cheers
Steve

....Tooheys Old (black not brown)...what.. ?....our own little near schwartzbier and youse didnt even notice...shame on you...

...prediction...me old mate Dr K will call for tooheys red....but thats because he's the king of the beer can manifold....

can you still buy 30 packs of tooheys gold cans for $18?

What's wrong with a hot curry and cold Fosters? Seriously?

UK = Guinness

No no no no no.

Ireland yes, UK no. It may be on in every pub but it's by no means the UK's national beer.

Bitter tends to be regional, but something like Carling (lager) is probably the closest you'll get to a national beer. Lager tend to be national, bitter (and/or "real ale") local.

No no no no no.

Ireland yes, UK no. It may be on in every pub but it's by no means the UK's national beer.

Bitter tends to be regional, but something like Carling (lager) is probably the closest you'll get to a national beer. Lager tend to be national, bitter (and/or "real ale") local.

NO noooooow

Carling Black Label ( Carling O'keefe ) was a Canadian Import now Brewed under Licence not British at all.
British beers are all regional the closest to a national would have to be Whitbread Trophy or in the old days before Campaign for real ale Watneys Red Barrel or Double Diamond.

The Brits in the Seventies all flocked to Spain for their hols to drink draught Watneys Red Barrel. :rolleyes: before Lager Louts.

I thought she is a kiwi?

You would be correct, she is a kiwi, but when kiwi entertainers do a few gigs in Oz, Australia likes to claim them as their own, just like crowded house, dragon .......
:huh:

You would be correct, she is a kiwi, but when kiwi entertainers do a few gigs in Oz, Australia likes to claim them as their own, just like crowded house, dragon .......

Born in N Z but educated in Australia

when did she do a few gigs :D

Like Russell Crow. Austrialia turned him into a top bloke

Exactly where is this fabled land you call Austria lia? Is that a colloquial term for the North Island? :p

Unfortunately this is true...it's a crying shame too. QLD'ers are ridiculously staunch with their Fourex quaffing. It sure as hell isn't known as the national beer but definitely dominates the taps up here.

Personally, I'm happy to call any of the Coopers range THE national beer...I'd be proud to see the Cooper's beers available internationally.

and sadly i see more and more pubs in regional SA with XXXX GOLD signage out the front, the year i moved back from QLD i went to my home town of kadina, SA only to see that the pub had changed all of its logo to XXXX GOLD, bloody hell i shoulda just stayed in QLD!

cheers
carty

and sadly i see more and more pubs in regional SA with XXXX GOLD signage out the front, the year i moved back from QLD i went to my home town of kadina, SA only to see that the pub had changed all of its logo to XXXX GOLD, bloody hell i shoulda just stayed in QLD!

cheers
carty

They were only trying to be welcoming towards you...

When you think of exported brands, i.e. overseas opinions: Guinness is to Ireland what Fosters is to Australia.

I think Frank Zappa said, "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer".

The why the hell is she so damn sentimental about Australia Day ? Stoopid blonde.

The Datsuns have never claimed to be Australian.

Like Russell Crow. Austrialia turned him into a top bloke

And Hollywood turned him into a bonehead & a thug. Or maybe that was the South Sydney Football Club

You know what they say about New Zealand

Population of 5 million but 3 million of them are in Europe or here. :rolleyes:

Most of the non Kiwis are British retirees looking for England in the 50's.
:icon_offtopic:

Is national beer about style more than brand? UK it is bitter but no particular brand. We would have VB/Toohies/xxxx style beer.

Latest posts

Back