Fresh hop flavour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosco

Reaction score
Just on my 3rd (Simcoe) Mikkeller Single Hop Series IPA. Really really liked all 3 but as a noob it was hard to tell the difference between them. I think it's because they where fresh as you can get here. Bbf 26/2/17. The only other time I have tasted it was when Stone beers were first released in Australia. I've bought them since but have always been disappointed.

With my noob vocabulary the best I can describe it is a cross between pickled ginger and the fizziness of a Fruit Tingle. I fekn love it. With a good bit of bitterness to back it up its in my book the ipa holly Grail. The flavour stays with you long after you finish the beer.

I know there's plenty of threads about big hop flavour. Even as a noob I think that's not that hard. Just use ridiculous amounts of late hops. I did an ipa with 400g and hop shots (just coz I could) and I reackpn it was a lot like Pirate Life IIPA. It was a cracka but it didn't have the flavour I was after. I haven't tried stupid amounts of dry hopping yet. As a BIABer and no chiller I don't like my chances but I will have the option of 3v soon. So drunken rant over.....

1. What is this elusive flavour I am after?
2. Can I get it with no chill biab? (Probably been answered)
3. What's the most efficient way to use hops? (Or links)

Can you share this recipie with me, I'd really love to brew a pirate life IIPA clone

Latest posts

Back