Freezer For Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric8

I changed this because Gregor can't
Reaction score
G'day guys,

I have been scouring ebay for new and used chest freezers but can't find any 2nd hand ones near me that are right for what I want. I have been looking at the trading post and ebay for new ones as well. I thought I might of been on a winner with the trading post as a company in Sydney had 210 slimline chesties for $319!! Of course they have been on back order since before christmas, and not likely to be getting any more in. :(

I have found this one on ebay and the trading post being sold by the same guy. Has anybody got one of these? Are they any good? Is it worth $400? What do people think?

freezer

Cheers
Eric

How long you been looking... took me about 2 months, but I eventually got a 350lt second hand one in VERY good nick for $150. Plenty of room for 6 cornies and the bottle with room to spare.

Depends on how much of a hurry you are in mate...

Cheers,

Brendo

Brendo,

I have been looking for a few months, since my old freezer died on me, around the beginning of December.

I bought a fisher and pickel for 350bucks brand new from joyce mayne 215lt it was damaged stock ask for seconds, mine had a little dent on the back corner still got 5year warranty,bargen ya heart out. The freezer on ebay is the same as the one at good guys and betta electrical 380buck for new but I thought It looked a bit china looking,cut out paper keg circles see how they fit,they thought they were for pizza or something,I lol,hope this helps.

sav

Yeah I might go look at the good guys and beta electrical, haven't checked them as yet.

After calling the good guys and beta electrical, it seems that the only brands you can buy these days are Westinghouse and F & P. Both of these shops are still quite exspensive. The Cheapest brand new slimline 215 litre freezer I have found is at Retravision for around $430. I think i will just have to end paying a bit more than what I wanted, but at least it will have a guarantee from a shop that I know I can take it back to and not some seller on ebay.

Check online places. I once bought a second stove from a seller in Sydney (who I can't remember) who dealt in seconds, and was alot cheaper than seconds world.

Here is an online electrical goods place.

http://www.appliancesonline.com.au

Let us know how you get on as I will be looking for a chest freezer some time in the future.

Mate check out the good guys if you have one near you. I have recently purchased a fridge, chest freezer, microwave, vacuum, washing machine and all prices were far better than any others around. When i asked why they were so much cheaper i was told that they have scouts that go around to the competitors stores and check pricing.

Farside,

I have been trying to look at the online store a few times today and couldn't egt on. unfortunately there price is more exxy than the retravision price.

razE,

I think I might have to go to the good guys and say, "hey I can get this for $430, gimme ya best price for cash". That usually helps, luckily I have one not too far from me as well.

Latest posts

Back