Freecycle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
I've been introduced to the website - Freecycle.org

Like the Trading Post but everything is FREE! :) :beer:

Instead of throwing my grain in the green waste wheelie bin (compost bin was overflowing after about the 3rd brew) a bloke with some chooks is going to come around and put it to good use.

Worth a look. There's got to be stuff usuable in brewing if you keep your eyes peeled.

(the SA group links to a Yahoo site which sucks arse, but it's still useable)

just joined the local here too

Yep. I've been using it for a while now. Got rid of some crap. Picked up a free fridge (almost brand new, great for kegging but unfortunately it was for the mother in law :( ).

I love it.

Cheers
Dave

Surely it's a good thing if the mother in law needs a kegging fridge.. ;) :D

Trouble is she's using it for silly things like food rather than kegs. I'll have to wait for another fridge to show up on freecycle before I can start kegging.

Depending on how finely you mince the mother-in-law, you might get her into an esky.

Believe me.. after staying there for a week over Christmas I was considering that.... but I have a chest freezer to hide bodies in. They smell too quickly in an esky.

Cheers
Dave

Freecycle rocks. Could be a good source of bottles as well for those that need them.

Picked up a free fridge (almost brand new, great for kegging but unfortunately it was for the mother in law :( ).

Cheers
Dave

So?? you swapped your mother-in-law for the fridge?? and youre feeling bad about that??

The Gold Coast freecycle group is also run on Yahoo. It's very active which unfortunately means I'm never quick enough to get those free fridges :(

Great way to get rid of unwanted but still useful stuff - or vice versa.

Latest posts

Back