• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Not-working Digital Scale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reVoxAHB

Reaction score
Figured I'd chuck this on AHB before it goes into the bin.

P1010007.JPG

History:
-Received unit as gift for Christmas.
-Always worked great for many batches.
-Used primarily for measuring hops (not grains, so very little weight was on it)
-I believe it's 5KG max with 1G increments.
-About a month ago, unit was slow to turn on (I had to hold power button for up to 5 seconds before any sign of life, whereas when working it would power up immediately)
-Tried a new 9V battery (even tho old was still pretty good)
-Removed the 5 screws from bottom and weight plate (by twisting) to examine inside / no internal fuse / soldering work (china) looks quite poor

Have already replaced it with a new scale. Can't be bothered digging out the multimeter, etc. Figured someone here might be interested in it.

Pick up available Albert Park, Vic. or Altona (Western Suburbs). Happy to post Aus wide (you pay). I can't imagine it costing more than $9 flat fee (or less).

Final note: this unit can be purchased new in the $45-$50 range at KMart or the like, so up to you if worth your time.

PM or respond to thread if interested.

reVox

sorry but this image popped into my head as soon as i read the thread title :p

pet.jpg

Mine died too.....scales, not cat!

maybe its the flu...???

still cacking it over that pic, Devo

How much for postage on the cat?
Can it be flat packed?

"Some folks'll never eat a skunk / But then again, some folk'll / Like Cletus, the Slack-Jawed YOKEL"
cletus.jpg

i think the same fate was bestowed upon the scale and the cat.... gout!

Mine died also, being very slow to switch on and the problem was flour dust (I make bread too) in the switch. A quick stripdown and a blow out with air got it back to new.

Edit. Not my cat, the scales

Edit. Not my cat, the scales
Hahaha. I think it's fairly certain to assume the cat is beyond the point of repair.
unless!!...
200x130_petsemetary.jpg

Hey Tony, good tip on the flour buildup. Unfortunately, no go with this unit.

petsem1b.jpg

reVox

Back