Free Kegerator Fridges

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArnieW

Reaction score
I've just upgraded the cooling system in the home brewery and now have some fridges that work well but need to go.

There are two or three fridges that have shelving and other inner bits removed to make maximum space for kegs and fermenters. They all work well but were free to me so I'll pass them on in the same spirit.

Fridge 1: An old ASTOR automatic 12 - it was old when we bought it, it is a great workhorse. We've had it for 20 years and we weren't original owners. It has never missed a beat and still gives modern fridges a run for their money. It has three holes on the front door for taps (not supplied), and a couple of support brackets for a drip tray (brackets go with it but no tray). Fits 2x 25 litre fermenters or 5 kegs.

Fridge 2: A newer fridge - a Simpson 360 manual - again quite old and was going to be a throw-away that I rescued. It struggles a bit to maintain 4 deg on a hot summer day, but otherwise continues to work ok. This one has a single small hole in the door to provide a CO2 line - I used it as a conditioning fridge. Fits 4 kegs.

Fridge 3: (Pending the owner's willingness to part with it) A whirlpool 12 automatic. I don't know much about this one but it seems to work as well as the ASTOR and is likely close to its vintage. Probably fits 5 kegs, but definitely 4 kegs and 2x 25 litre fermenters.

Pickup only in Oakleigh (near Chadstone). Please PM me if you are interested.

cheers, Arnie

PS. Just on the off chance anyone is interested, I also have a Fisher & Paykel 164 litre chest freezer that I'm about to list on ebay. I'm happy for reasonable offers on that one.

Wow! What a fantastic offer! Goodonya Arnie. B)

Its no good to me, dont really need one and Im too far anyway, but just thought Id show my impressedness (sure its a word, look it up :rolleyes: )

Cheers,
Jake

Picture_1.png
Then again maybe its not? :D

Wow! What a fantastic offer! Goodonya Arnie. B)

Its no good to me, dont really need one and Im too far anyway, but just thought Id show my impressedness (sure its a word, look it up :rolleyes: )

Cheers,
Jake

Thanks Jake - I'm happy for you to invent words on my behalf :lol:
cheers and have a great Christmas.

Great to see giving like this, it is in the true spirit of xmas indeed. Would suggest a few donation brews to Arnie maybe. ;)

If only I lived closer, owned a car, a trailer, was not renting, and had a shed.... hmmm.... :lol:

Great to see giving like this, it is in the true spirit of xmas indeed. Would suggest a few donation brews to Arnie maybe. ;)

If only I lived closer, owned a car, a trailer, was not renting, and had a shed.... hmmm.... :lol:

I think I've been in all those situations previously. I'm now in a large house and things have gotten out of hand lately. I've had a row of three fridges for ages, a glycol chiller and more recently have been through three freezers trying to find the best option for space and needs. :blink:

I'm fighting my refrigaholism - and cutting back to one cooling unit.

It seems a long way away from that old tin shed with the stubbies warming up a treat on those 40 plus days ...

Latest posts

Back