• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Help on Brew Day?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am in located in Sydney (Ryde area) and after brewing FWK's for a year or so, looking to get into AG. Given I don't know anyone else that brews, I thought the best way to gain a bit of knowledge & experience would be to offer some free help on a brew day. My skills include cleaning, measuring ingredients, timekeeping, note taking, fetching refreshments, cracking jokes etc.. Available most weekends.
Any takers?

Ned

Your quite welcome to tag along on one of my brew days.
im by no means all that experienced, about 5 AG's under my belt, but i make wort, which turns out to be nice beer.
BIAB, no chill

I am on the coast however.

up to you, offers there if you want to see how simple/complicated it can be.

backyard_ brewer said:
Hi All,
I am in located in Sydney (Ryde area) and after brewing FWK's for a year or so, looking to get into AG. Given I don't know anyone else that brews, I thought the best way to gain a bit of knowledge & experience would be to offer some free help on a brew day. My skills include cleaning, measuring ingredients, timekeeping, note taking, fetching refreshments, cracking jokes etc.. Available most weekends.
Any takers?

Ned
Hey backyard_brewer. I work in West Ryde. Unfortunately, I brew in Bowral. I have a double brew day coming up on Friday 19th September. 50L of an Australian IPA and 50L of Rye English Ale.
I will be brewing on a 3V Herms (probably 4V as I'll need extra water, so calling my urn into action), chilling and pitching all on the same day.
Youre welcome to come along a crack grain and jokes. Bit of a hike for you though.

mckenry said:
Hey backyard_brewer. I work in West Ryde. Unfortunately, I brew in Bowral. I have a double brew day coming up on Friday 19th September. 50L of an Australian IPA and 50L of Rye English Ale.
I will be brewing on a 3V Herms (probably 4V as I'll need extra water, so calling my urn into action), chilling and pitching all on the same day.
Youre welcome to come along a crack grain and jokes. Bit of a hike for you though.
Sounds like its worth the hike, McKenry. But will struggle to get there on a weekday. Let me know next time your brewing on the weekend.
Thanks for the offer.

n87 said:
Your quite welcome to tag along on one of my brew days.
im by no means all that experienced, about 5 AG's under my belt, but i make wort, which turns out to be nice beer.
BIAB, no chill

I am on the coast however.

up to you, offers there if you want to see how simple/complicated it can be.
Definitely interested, let me know before you're next brew day. Thanks for the offer.

backyard_ brewer said:
Definitely interested, let me know before you're next brew day. Thanks for the offer.

The plan is the 20th. at the moment, 50L of Summer ale, and 50L of Belgian Tripel.

I'm out penrith way, still with the 3v (bruaclone on the build) your welcome to join me for a brew though don't think I have one on for another two weeks. Pm me if interested think I'll be putting down a Heffe.

MB

Back