Free Giant Hop Sock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TidalPete

BREWING BY THE BEACH
Reaction score
Brewers,

Seeing BribieG's generous offer of a free BIAB bag has prompted me to offer my homemade GIANT hop sock to a good home.
This hopsock is made of swiss voile & was made about the time one of the above sponsers first started selling hop socks but has never been used. Can be easily shortened to suit your requirements.
As the top is made from stainless steel the only proviso is that you either collect or are attending the Qld Christmas Case where I will hand it over to you.
First in best dressed.

TP

Brewers,

Seeing BribieG's generous offer of a free BIAB bag has prompted me to offer my homemade GIANT hop sock to a good home.
This hopsock is made of swiss voile & was made about the time one of the above sponsers first started selling hop socks but has never been used. Can be easily shortened to suit your requirements.
As the top is made from stainless steel the only proviso is that you either collect or are attending the Qld Christmas Case where I will hand it over to you.
First in best dressed.

TP

No PM sent :D

Cheers

Paul

Hi Pete, how "open" is the mesh? I bought a hopsock a few years back and the mesh is way too fine. I reckon it needs to be open enough to allow a fairly easy flow of wort through it.

It'll need to be about this size for the hop bulk buy underway

ride_balloon_flight-CrawfordHotAirBalloons.jpg

:p

Hi Pete, how "open" is the mesh? I bought a hopsock a few years back and the mesh is way too fine. I reckon it needs to be open enough to allow a fairly easy flow of wort through it.

Not too sure TD but I used a smaller version 5 years ago before buying one from CraftBrewer & from memory it worked ok.
Got the idea from Ross who used to do the same thing before the invention of the hop sock.
Can also be used for filtering the exiting wort between the kettle & the fermenter & for dry hopping too.
It's approx the same size as the larger one on sale from craftbrewer.

TP

I'll take it Pete! Mine is looking a little worse for wear :)

Will be at the Xmas Swap!

Cheers

Thanks mate!

:)

Back