• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adimacca

Reaction score
I have a lot of bottles that I have not used in a very long time sitting around so I thought that I'd offer them up to whoever wants them.

I have not counted them but I have at least four milk crates of 750ml and a number of boxes/crates of assorted 330/375ml.

All for free, take what you like. I'm located at mcdowall in brisbane so if you're interested pm me and I'll send you my address.

Macca

I've got lots of green (labels removed) 330ml bottles I'd be happy to give away.

LiquidGold said:
I've got lots of green (labels removed) 330ml bottles I'd be happy to give away.
Interested. But how much of a carb drop would be added to a 330ml bottle? 1? Or less than 1?

Lowlyf said:
Interested. But how much of a carb drop would be added to a 330ml bottle? 1? Or less than 1?
In theory, less than one. Carb drops from memory are intended for 355ml bottles. It's not practical though to shave them down so for most beer styles you'd just end up a tiny bit overcarbonated.

Yeah I think the carb drops are actually meant for 375ml so with these you'd be better off bulk priming or using the measure spoon. They were used mainly for getting beer from a microbrewery so that wasn't an issue. Also brown keeps out more UV so once I got into homebrewing I moved onto coopers tallies as they seemed to be the best choice (other than kegging)

Yob said:
Bulk prime, problem solved.

Absolutely! I haven't looked back since i started bulk priming, gives you consistency over the whole brew and now i use a combo of different size bottles :kooi:

Latest posts

Back