For All Those Who Want A Braumeister!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But seriously ... is there a patent on the Braumeister?

If not, then a well-made east asian version fabricated by people not on $30 euros an hour would come in WAY cheaper.

I reckon a Hyundai i30 vs a BMW 1 series kinda difference.

I want a 50 liter one but $3500........ Naaaaaaa

I recon i can build one for under $1500.

Actually..... i have already started.

100L SS Pot: $300 (already have)
30 step PID temp controller, SSR, heat sink etc: $150 from USA
SS 4800w element 4.5 meters long $200
march 815 pump $180 from USA (already have)
Malt tube, falsies, center rod and stand custom built and assorted fittings: $500 (estimated)

And it would be made with easily sourced parts

I'm surprised your not out running caustic through your washing machine right now mate :p

Milmotor1.jpg

Washing Machines are good for but one thing, Zombie killing devices or grain mill motors :lol:

I bought a 47" Vivo HD LCD from DSE last year.......It does a pretty damn awesome job.....Although bringing it home in my Barina was interesting. I actually took a short friend to drive my car home as I wouldn't have fit behind the wheel.

Compared to you, 90% of the population is short

No, this one was VERY short......almost makes my missus look tall.

So if a 2-3 year old, twice used 50L Braumeister was available for $1,000, That'd be good buying???

But seriously ... is there a patent on the Braumeister?

If not, then a well-made east asian version fabricated by people not on $30 euros an hour would come in WAY cheaper.

I reckon a Hyundai i30 vs a BMW 1 series kinda difference.

Not that I can find. Speidels claim patent #DE 101 50 395 B4. That's a very strange numbering convention. Perhaps it relates to something German given the "DE", but they don't specifically note what exactly is patented anyway. The only thing I can really see as being patentable is the malt tube and most likely the vertical upwards flow process.

As to a "well-made asian version", it would be cheaper - significantly, but it's a complex, long process to get there.

I've been trying to engineer a "single-vessel" system that addresses what I see are drawbacks to the Braumeister, and to reduce the price, that could be manufactured in Asia.

It's not simple, however.

Dealing with the Chinese is a pain in the ass and requires big upfront money to proceed. The real savings are realized with big orders, but of course that means a very substantial investment straight away.

Michael

Not that I can find. Speidels claim patent #DE 101 50 395 B4. That's a very strange numbering convention. Perhaps it relates to something German given the "DE", but they don't specifically note what exactly is patented anyway. The only thing I can really see as being patentable is the malt tube and most likely the vertical upwards flow process.

As to a "well-made asian version", it would be cheaper - significantly, but it's a complex, long process to get there.

I've been trying to engineer a "single-vessel" system that addresses what I see are drawbacks to the Braumeister, and to reduce the price, that could be manufactured in Asia.

Dealing with the Chinese is a pain in the ass and requires big upfront money to proceed. The real savings are realized with big orders, but of course that means a very substantial investment straight away.

Michael

IANA(P)L but

That would be a German patent. An international patent is simply a patent registered in multiple countries

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=d...10150395B4.html

Ps: according to the patent you can use a cone shaped filter on the top of your malt tube to get more grain in it ;)

Or just longer malt tube extensions

Michael

You may want to try finding a Vietnam-based company. I have read of a couple of people here that got their breweries manufactured over there that were happy with the outcome.

Back