Food Dehydrator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone here is making jerky with their dehydrator, I can supply you the simplest / easiest tool to cut the meat consistently.
Its simply a rectangle of food grade acrylic, laser cut.

You dont have to partly freeze the meat first.

I've been using one for about a year, and thought I'd make them available to AHB members.

You simply sit the meat in the middle, then run your sharp knife along the top of the rectangle, and it creates a perfectly cut slice, exactly the same every piece.

You also use the centre piece to gently push down on the meat to protect your fingers from the knife, it works well.

It is also really good for trimming the fat off of the outside of a cut of meat, reducing waste.

I can supply these in 4.5mm or 6mm, again, it is food grade acrylic, and safe to use, plus very easy to wash afterwards.
Colour is clear or black, depending on what we have at the time.

Cost including postage below...

4.5 mm - $15
6 mm - $17

Cheers,
Chris

slicer1.JPG

You'll have to explain to me how it works (although i have a slicer so won't be buying)

Ah so you are cutting from the bottom of the meat, makes sense now. Good idea. Do you get any plastic shavings after awhile?

Cheers

I got the el cheapie lumina fixed temp model. Done my first batch Friday, jerky lasted 2hrs, it was awesome.

Threw it on at about midnight, turned in off at 8am, no rotating trays, didn't touch the thing, turned on, went to sleep, woke up turned off and Yummo. None of the meat dried inconsistently, and I had a few tough judges, was beautiful. Maybe if I was awake I'd rotate the trays, only because I'm a fiddler, but It didn't need it. I had all 5 trays jam packed, could not get any more on.

A Food dehydrator refers to a emphasis that removes close from aliment to aid in its preservation. A Food dehydrator uses a calefaction antecedent and air breeze to abate the accept adequate of foods. The accept adequate of Food is usually complete high, about 80% to 95% for altered fruits and vegetables and 50% to 75% for altered meats. Removing close from Food restrains altered bacilli from growing and abasement food. Further, removing close from Food abominably reduces the weight of the food. Thus, Food dehydrators are acclimated to canteen and extend the shelf activity of altered foods.

Spam much emphasis acclimated very good. Recommend spam much very.

Back