Fisher & Paykel - H280x Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottKemp

Reaction score
Hi All

I am currently building a Bar and as I have 6 kegs currently (and plan for more) I am looking at using a chest freezer for Dispensing from my single 4 font flooded tap (which will be added to with another in the future!).

Now my question is this: After a bit of research I have found a Fisher & Paykel - H280X chest Freezer for $589 which has a 276 litre capacity H280X Linky - Has anyone got one of these and if so how many kegs (cornys) can it hold?

Ideally I want a Chest freezer than can hold 8 kegs unmodified so I have heaps of room for so water/glycol solution to keep the fonts cool when I add the collar on. I am hoping this one does, but I can't seem to find how big the compressor hump is from anywhere on the web, which makes it hard to work out how many can really fit in by just using measurements!! :eek:

Cheers
Homerkemp

Hi All

I am currently building a Bar and as I have 6 kegs currently (and plan for more) I am looking at using a chest freezer for Dispensing from my single 4 font flooded tap (which will be added to with another in the future!).

Now my question is this: After a bit of research I have found a Fisher & Paykel - H280X chest Freezer for $589 which has a 276 litre capacity H280X Linky - Has anyone got one of these and if so how many kegs (cornys) can it hold?

Ideally I want a Chest freezer than can hold 8 kegs unmodified so I have heaps of room for so water/glycol solution to keep the fonts cool when I add the collar on. I am hoping this one does, but I can't seem to find how big the compressor hump is from anywhere on the web, which makes it hard to work out how many can really fit in by just using measurements!! :eek:

Cheers
Homerkemp

Mines a different brand but 300L. I can fit 6 corny's ( just ) with none on the hump.

Mines a different brand but 300L. I can fit 6 corny's ( just ) with none on the hump.

Thanks for the reply

Is it a Westinghouse WCM3200WA by any chance? :D

It seems the dimensions really change how many kegs can fit, for example the Westinghouse is 617mm by 997mm which means you will only get 2 rows of cornys in: 617mm divided by 220mm equals 2.8, but the Fisher & Paykel H280x is 662mm by 901mm so I will get 3 rows in, but if the compressor hump comes over too far then I might only get 2 columns in so it would only hold 6 cornys instead of the 8+ I am hoping for.

unfortunately I haven't found one in a store so I could take my cardboard templates into and test it out!

Cheers
HomerKemp

Thanks for the reply

Is it a Westinghouse WCM3200WA by any chance? :D

It seems the dimensions really change how many kegs can fit, for example the Westinghouse is 617mm by 997mm which means you will only get 2 rows of cornys in: 617mm divided by 220mm equals 2.8, but the Fisher & Paykel H280x is 662mm by 901mm so I will get 3 rows in, but if the compressor hump comes over too far then I might only get 2 columns in so it would only hold 6 cornys instead of the 8+ I am hoping for.

unfortunately I haven't found one in a store so I could take my cardboard templates into and test it out!

Cheers
HomerKemp

Don't know what brand it is? Must have a look.

I know the floor less the hump is 660mm x 5 hundred & something mm which gives me just enough room for 6 x corny's.

It's still a work in process, but soon I will post the finnished product ;)

Don't know what brand it is? Must have a look.

I know the floor less the hump is 660mm x 5 hundred & something mm which gives me just enough room for 6 x corny's.

It's still a work in process, but soon I will post the finnished product ;)

I will keep my eyes open for it and good luck

Cheers
homerKemp

go bigger! I just got a 700L FP chest freezer off eBay. As new condition for $700.

I've currently got 12 kegs, 3 cubes and my co2 cylinder all inside!

go bigger! I just got a 700L FP chest freezer off eBay. As new condition for $700.

I've currently got 12 kegs, 3 cubes and my co2 cylinder all inside!

very vary of eBay for a big purchase, also I like the idea of a new one with the warranty and besides I doubt I could fit a 700l one in the space I have for it :)

Cheers
HomerKemp

Hi Homer

I have the 280 X F&P and it holds 5 kegs on the floor, I have a 90mm collar which would allow me to have another 2 maybe 3 at a squeeze and it works a treat.

CIMG0474.JPG

Only 4 in at this time, the 5th is getting filled,
Hope this helps some

Cheers and more Beers

Cede

Hi Homer

I have the 280 X F&P and it holds 5 kegs on the floor, I have a 90mm collar which would allow me to have another 2 maybe 3 at a squeeze and it works a treat.

View attachment 20229

Only 4 in at this time, the 5th is getting filled,
Hope this helps some

Cheers and more Beers

Cede

That was exactly what I was after, thanks - I figured at least one person on the forum would have one :D

Thanks
HomerKemp

Back