Fisher Paykel 164l Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkmeldrum

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Fisher Paykel 164L chest freezer converted as a Kegerator?

If so, how many corny's do you fit inside? .... and did you go for timber collar and taps or top mount of a tap tower?

Cheers

Molly

Does anyone have a Fisher Paykel 164L chest freezer converted as a Kegerator?

If so, how many corny's do you fit inside? .... and did you go for timber collar and taps or top mount of a tap tower?

Cheers

Molly

Molly if you have a compressor hump in there, i would imagine you would get two corny's in there, + additional corny's on the hump if you built a suitable collar.

I have a 210L chesty, i can fit 3 in left of the hump and i reckon the 2.6kg gas bottle as well (but i have a double reg so it wont fit there without some creative problem solving).

With a collar I would be able to fit 2 more corny's on the hump if desperate, but i would probably use this area to store hops etc and keep em out of the Mrs's main fridge.

I would build the collar, especially if it is a new freezer, that way if it carks it during warranty, you can go get a replacement after restoring it to 'as new' condition.

Cheers,
D80

Molly if you have a compressor hump in there, i would imagine you would get two corny's in there, + additional corny's on the hump if you built a suitable collar.

I have a 210L chesty, i can fit 3 in left of the hump and i reckon the 2.6kg gas bottle as well (but i have a double reg so it wont fit there without some creative problem solving).

With a collar I would be able to fit 2 more corny's on the hump if desperate, but i would probably use this area to store hops etc and keep em out of the Mrs's main fridge.

I would build the collar, especially if it is a new freezer, that way if it carks it during warranty, you can go get a replacement after restoring it to 'as new' condition.

Cheers,
D80
Okay....just tossing up what to do....want to get into kegging, maybe buy a ready made kegerator which I can fit 3 corny's inside....but might be better to convert a chesty, if the 164L only fits two kegs then that's not big enough really. Would be looking at min of 3 kegs I reckon, maybe 4, so I can store and carb one while drinking the other 3.

Anyone recommend a particular brand/size for that kind of setup?

Cheers

Molly

I had saved this post in the Keg setup thread when I searched for a freezer and was considering one of those - starts at post #655 and there is about 5 posts further down on how he built his collar etc, plenty of pics. Looks like he gets 4 in there - I ended up getting a 215.

I had saved this post in the Keg setup thread when I searched for a freezer and was considering one of those - starts at post #655 and there is about 5 posts further down on how he built his collar etc, plenty of pics. Looks like he gets 4 in there - I ended up getting a 215.
That's excellent Logman

Thanks for that.....looks the duck's guts!!

Cheers

Molly

Bigger is better.
I looked at the 164L but ended up getting the 216L instead, & am very happy that i did. The 216L fits 3 x 19l kegs & 2 x 9l kegs, or 1 less 19L keg if you want to fit the gas bottle in too. I can also stack 2 x 9L kegs in place of 1 x 19L kegs, but there's not enough height to have the beer/gas lines fitted at the same time. Good for storage though.

I top mounted the taps, & managed to get it so the lid opens (& stays open) perfectly. It's nice having the taps at the right height, & a proper drip tray underneath that doesn't look out of place like one mounted to the front of a fridge/freezer.

Mikk.

Back