First Time With 1469

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altstart

Reaction score
Brewday 17th October attempting a Timothy Taylor Landlord Bitter with a fresh pack of 1469 boosted to 1.5 litre starter. Grain bill is 12.5 kilos Golden Promise .5 kilo Simpson crystal. Hops 150 grams Fuggles for bittering 150 gram Fuggles and 100 grams Ekg Aroma at 75mins Flame out 90 mins. 90 grams Fuggles Flowers and 3 Fuggles plugs in Hop Rocket recirculated 10 mins then pumped to Fermenter. Final Volume 75 ltres measured OG 1.44 bang on target pitched the yeast after oxygenating Tuesday morning @ 25 degrees C within 6 hrs the fridge reached the planned fermening temp of 20C. During the brewday I took the first runnings and boiled with my Nasa flat out for 20 mins then added the remainder which had been held off the grains. When the wort came back to the boil I added The bittering hops. Its Sunday afternoon and the smell comeing from the fermenter is ******* awesome I cant wait to get this mother in my glass.
Cheers Altstart

Back