First Keg Advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickTed

Reaction score
Just got a kit from LHBS. 1 Coke keg with ball locks. Micromatic regulator, gas bottle from Air Liquide and pluto.

When I turn the tap on the gas bottle, it farts out through the relief valve. Can I adjust that ot what?

relief valve on the reg or keg??

Valve on reg. Haven't connected to keg yet.

but you had the hose and disconnect on the reg too??

reg screwed out all the way when its doing this???

Id be taking the bottle and the reg to the shop you bought it from.

Relief valves "should" be preset, but let him take the responsibility for either setting it or giving you a new reg!!

Thanks Linz.

I had the keg in fridge overnight. When I connected the gas to it the reg it worked OK. Now it's in the fridge at 300kpa, with the fridge door closed over the gas line. I connected the pluto, and that's in the fridge too.

Grouse.

dickTed said:
Thanks Linz.

I had the keg in fridge overnight. When I connected the gas to it the reg it worked OK. Now it's in the fridge at 300kpa, with the fridge door closed over the gas line. I connected the pluto, and that's in the fridge too.

Grouse.
[post="120670"][/post]​

DickTed,

Beware leaving your CO2 connected at 300kpa, especially if you have a suspect relief valve - Far better to go the rock & roll method for carbonating - All done within a few minutes...

cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back