First brew tonight any rookie mistakes to watch for

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second brew down I did a stone and wood replica recipe. The first day after putting it in the fermenter the missus accidentally turned on the heating pad I use at night when I got to it in the afternoon it was around 26-27degrees. I turned it off it has been fermenting at around 22 but I just dry hopped (day 4) and took gravity. It’s at 1.012 and it doesn’t taste the best not really a beer taste like last time. My question is, is it a pour out situation or should I keep going with it ??

Last edited:
In 2017 I brewed a Stone and Wood inspired beer.
At the time I bottled it. I labeled them "Hell beer" because of the dramas I had with it.
It was drinkable, just.
I found a bottle the other day and tried it and it was quite good.
So unless it is undrinkable I would keep it and see how it goes.
William

At the time I bottled it. I labeled them "Hell beer" because of the dramas I had with it.
It was drinkable, just.
William
I’ll give it a go see what happens haha

It was drinkable, just.
William
Conventional thinking is that beers that age that well are typically strong. What was the abv, if you know it?
If S& W inspired means Pacific ale and you used a wallop of Galaxy, how well did the aroma last?

Last edited:
Correction I just checked, it was 2019.
ABV was 5%, unfortunately my sense of smell is shot.
I didn't record the hop amount.
William

Back