First Brew Down And Couldn't Be Better

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Ads here,

As I work for tooheys I thought I would try my first AG to be a tooheys new so I can run it through the analyser and compare, well bugger me the gravity, ph, colour ae were all spot on. The 2 things I was out of spec with were alc at 5.17% which is better than 4.6 anyway and Bu which was 6.35 instead of 17 (not sure what happened there) so I added 1.1ml of iso hops to the keg and gave it a shake.
Now for the best part - I brought a couple of samples in and put then in the tasting fridge so I could run them through the analyser again but the tasting panel got to them first and done a blind tasting not aware it was my beer (convenient), I looked in the records book and it read "tank # ??? TNS" (tooheys new special). I couldn't fit my head out the door after that - Awesome - my first brew could not have gone better :super:

You should put your recipe up mate. Alot of newbies ask for a Tooheys New (or carlton/xxxx/vb etc) recipe.

+1 to what ekul said.

Nice work on the brew. What sort of setup are you using?

I wont post the recipe due to plagerism and getting suied, i will however post a recipe that tastes similar to new

My kit consists of the usual 50L vessels, all insulated (hot liqure, mash / lauter and kettle / whirlpool), basic plastic fermenter kept in turned off fridge a 25L vessel for matt tank and a domnic hunter filter.

how you could make a beer to taste as bad as Tooheys I'll NEVER know!!! :)

A mod should probably move this to the AG section.

Well done on copying the recipe and being able to replicate the results on the small home brew scale. Did you use hop pellets at all, or just isohops? Also was it final gravity or original gravity you got right?

A mod should probably move this to the AG section.

Well done on copying the recipe and being able to replicate the results on the small home brew scale. Did you use hop pellets at all, or just isohops? Also was it final gravity or original gravity you got right?

I used superpride pellets but it wasn't bitter enough so i added some iso as well.

Final gravity 1.00683

Back