First Ag Brewday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davo_03

Reaction score
Hi all
Just thought id say thankyou to everyone for all the information availible on this forum.

Did my first AG BIAB yesterday, purchased grain and Thermometer from Beerbellt on friday, 19lt pot from big W, and polyester voile from spot light.

following mostly what i read from "move to all grain for 30 bucks" everything went pretty smoothly.
I did mash in at 66, take the lid and blanket off hour later, n its only 65, couldn't ask for any better.
Decided to do a 1.5 hour boil thinking my volumes were too high, ended up have to add 3L water to fermenter.

recipie was

2.00kg traditional ale malt
0.10kg carapils
0.05kg carared
0.02kg carafa special 2

hops
7.00g simcoe 30min
5.00g simcoe 15min

Final batc size of 11L
Expected og 1.047
measure og 1.044

Pitched us05 safeale yeast, n this morning it seems to be bubbling away nicely. really couldn't be happier with how the day went.

Thankyou again to all who post information on this forum, makes it alot easier to get into AG brewing.

Cheers... Pete :beerbang: :beerbang:

Welcome to the Forums, and Congrats on your frist AG! :icon_cheers:

Best to add your location to your profile, although I assume you are in Adelaide from the Beerbelly reference?

Welcome to the Forums, and Congrats on your frist AG! :icon_cheers:

Best to add your location to your profile, although I assume you are in Adelaide from the Beerbelly reference?

Hey sorry bout that. all fixed now.

Have a look at the Adelaide site too (link in my sig), lots of like minded brewers who regularly catchup.

Congrats :icon_chickcheers: . Piece of piss this brewing game huh?

Won't be long till we see an "Upgrade my rig" post I feel.

Well Done it'll be your best beer to date.

Chap Chap

Have a look at the Adelaide site too (link in my sig), lots of like minded brewers who regularly catchup.

Except there's a garden Gnome by the name of Butters that trolls around! :ph34r: :lol:

Thanks Chappo.

think the next upgrade will be to get the kegs i've got sittin around workin.

sick of buying n washin bottles already lol.

Latest posts

Back