Fermenting Under Pressure

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to be part of the club.

IMG_6529.jpg IMG_6531.jpg

It's begun already - they don't both fit into my current fermenting fridge so am now on the lookout for a new one (or maybe two bar fridges if I can find ones of the appropriate size)

Wasn't thinking straight
Carb cap straight into Pet Bottles
Cheers
Is it possible to bottle carbed brew?
I've bottled my first batch (slightly carbed in the 'saurus) using the Pressure Kit & generic wand - no problems, but I'd image a full-schedule carb will be difficult?

Is it possible to bottle carbed brew?
I've bottled my first batch (slightly carbed in the 'saurus) using the Pressure Kit & generic wand - no problems, but I'd image a full-schedule carb will be difficult?

In the kegmenter, I ferment under around 10psi pressure for a few days. i then turn up temperature and allow the pressure to build to around 20 or 25psi. When I cold crash, this reduces down to around 12 to 15psi, which is bang on for most styles.

I then transfer under pressure to corny's, but there's no reason you can't do it straight into PET's. You might want to over carb it a bit more before transfer, as you'll lose a few psi in the transfer itself.

Just keep the gas hooked up to the fermentosaurus to a few psi above your target and it should keep pushing.

In the kegmenter, I ferment under around 10psi pressure for a few days. i then turn up temperature and allow the pressure to build to around 20 or 25psi. When I cold crash, this reduces down to around 12 to 15psi, which is bang on for most styles.

I then transfer under pressure to corny's, but there's no reason you can't do it straight into PET's. You might want to over carb it a bit more before transfer, as you'll lose a few psi in the transfer itself.

Just keep the gas hooked up to the fermentosaurus to a few psi above your target and it should keep pushing.

I ferment at 5 psi then after 3 to 4 days (ale ) crank valve to get 30 psi
After 7 to 10 days
I then cc fill keg then fill pet bottles with carb cap no worries
Thanks Dans I think it was for putting me straight too easy

...and we're away with a Czech Pilsner.
IMG_6536.jpg

I've also brewed a lager with rice adjunct and fermenting with S189 - hopefully the temps stay where they are as I can't fit the second kegmenter in the fridge.

That is how British Ale III treats a first time user. It was at 1015, apparently not finished yet, then foamed pretty bad too.

Had you packaged it into that keg and it had kept fermenting in there?

I'de say no pressure relief valve took lid off to dry hop and walla
I could also be wrong
Made a few blews also with the pressure fermenting along the way
I've only been doing 23 L batches in my 50 L so heaps of head space

I'de say no pressure relief valve took lid off to dry hop and walla
I could also be wrong
Made a few blews also with the pressure fermenting along the way
I've only been doing 23 L batches in my 50 L so heaps of head space

Yeah, that's the other thought I had was no relief valve. Once she's roaring, it really doesn't take long for it to increase the pressure.

The first time I did a 40 litre batch of porter in my kegmenter, I set up a blow off line into a sanitised corny. Ended up needing it too. Spunding valve was on the corny.

I'm finding now that if I have around a 40l pre boil and around a 36 litre post boil, most styles seem to go alright in the kegmenter. I do have to clean and resanitise the spunding valve occasionally but I haven't had an issue with it. This volume suits my system well (3x50litre) and gives me two corny's that are more or less full.

You will need help cause once you taste the beers from it you won't be able to stop

I've had the kraused explosion happen also. released the pressure, opened the lid to see about 3 inches of head space. Forgot i left the hops upstairs. ran up and got them and came back to krausen rapidly growing towards the opening and then spewing out before i could get the lid back on.

Latest posts

Back