Fermenting in 50L kegs and Bucket blasters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an Ozito pump and setup like dibbz, and it works well for most of my fermenters. I use the top of a clothes horse to rest them on, but I have now encountered a problem, in that my glass 54lt demijohns (I use them for long term storage of wine/cider) won't sit on this, they're too heavy. Any ideas of what I could use or how I might be able to get them to sit safely upside down?
The 54lt demijohns sit nice and safe upside down in the large 400mm dia plant pots.

The grill from a safety/security door is great as a drying rack, strong enough and cheap at scrap dealers or trash and treasure shops at the tip.

one 400m pot (and a step bit drilled hole) we have:
20201207_193703[1].jpg

Or video:

Now all I need is a CIP ball

Thanks heaps for the great replies everyone.
I ended up getting a:
  • AliExpress rotating 1/2 inch CIP/spray ball for $19 (has the slots for cleaning the sides and a hole at the top for shooting a jet directly upwards)
  • Submersible pump: 60W 3000L/h (so they say) for $38
That flow rate with that size ball should be enough to make it spin pretty well. I should have enough fittings already to make it all work. From those with the BB or the keg king iteration, is the cleaning of the posts/spear via the quick connects a worthwhile functionality I should add?

Thanks for the advice thus far.

Thanks heaps for the great replies everyone.
I ended up getting a:
  • AliExpress rotating 1/2 inch CIP/spray ball for $19 (has the slots for cleaning the sides and a hole at the top for shooting a jet directly upwards)
  • Submersible pump: 60W 3000L/h (so they say) for $38
That flow rate with that size ball should be enough to make it spin pretty well. I should have enough fittings already to make it all work. From those with the BB or the keg king iteration, is the cleaning of the posts/spear via the quick connects a worthwhile functionality I should add?

Thanks for the advice thus far.
Yes absolutely the post cleaning is worth doing. Also find it useful for flushing transfer lines, carb caps, rinsing bottles etc.

Latest posts

Back