Fermenter Cooler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy benno

Reaction score
hi all, i've been looking for ages for one of those 100 can coolers with no luck, so i made a card bord box to size and picked up some foam boxes that the fruit shops use cut them up into pannels and glued the pannels to the box, filled up some 1.25L coke bottels with water and froze them, sit my fermenter on the shed floor put the bottles next to the fermenter put the insulation box over the fermenter and it works a treat keeping the temp down to 20-22 deg.

Thats a brilliant idea Benno! I like it so much I copied it this morning. I didnt have any foam but I did have some insulation material left over from the shed so used that to line the inside of the box, and the fermenter fits in there nicely.

This was very timely as I did 2 brews yesterday and only had one esky for fermenting, so now Ive got both brews fermenting at once. Fantastic.

13022009.jpg

13022009_001_.jpg

Cheers,
Jake

Good onya Jake that looks awsome im glad i could help out, i got my idea from Spider, Thanks spider

Back