Fermentation Time?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milaez

Reaction score
Hi, I've successfully neglected my Coopers stout and have not bottled it yet- it has now been in the fermenter for 3 weeks! should I bother bottling it? or throw it out and start a new brew?

- Milaez

What temp did you brew at and what temp is it sitting at now?

Hi,
Bottle the beer!! It should be fine. There's apparently 3 phases of fermenting and your beer would be in the conditioning phase.

After doing some research I always leave my beer in the fermentor for anothr 5-7 days after the bubbling has stopped. This has worked for me and I'm very happy with my results thus far. I've attached a link that you may find usefull. I have got a lot of info from here and also the link attached.

http://www.howtobrew.com/section1/chapter8-2.html

:party:

Good luck!!

Hi,
Bottle the beer!! It should be fine. There's apparently 3 phases of fermenting and your beer would be in the conditioning phase.

After doing some research I always leave my beer in the fermentor for anothr 5-7 days after the bubbling has stopped. This has worked for me and I'm very happy with my results thus far. I've attached a link that you may find usefull. I have got a lot of info from here and also the link attached.

http://www.howtobrew.com/section1/chapter8-2.html

:party:

Good luck!!

Cheers man!

You never know how a batch will change with time, bad ones can come good, good ones can go worse. Always keep em, unless it's infected or brewed in a 40c shed with a lager yeast.

The kit sits under my stairs at a constant 23/24 degrees

Take a sample to taste for any obvious signs of infection but realistically you should be fine.

3 weeks is not really an issue unless you have saniation problems.

Take a sample to taste for any obvious signs of infection but realistically you should be fine.

3 weeks is not really an issue unless you have saniation problems.

Thankyou all, will bottle tomorrow- this site rocks!

---->The hops are always greener on the other side....

Don't forget to let us know if the brew's ok.

Latest posts

Back