Fermentation Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gee she has some battle wounds but thats never stopped anyone :huh:

The paint is flaking off the freezer panel, is that bad? I rubbed off most of the really flaky stuff, that's why it looks so bad. In any case, I can't see that it should hurt.

Thanks for the help and thanks to slut fridge for the courage and inspiration :icon_chickcheers:

Now, what shall I name her... Westinghouse Whore? :super:

On the topic of crash chilling... After the yeast has dropped out of suspension, should I bring the temperature back to 18 before bulk priming and bottling?

I regularly bulk prime and bottle ice cold (cold condition temp) with no issues.
The one thing that I do prior to pulling down on the caper handle, is to put my finger on the cap and give the bottle a little shake, this releases a small amount of CO2 that purges any O2 b4 the capping operation is completed.
At odd times my bottles take a little longer carbonate, generally two weeks at 20C they are good to go - Cheers

I regularly bulk prime and bottle ice cold (cold condition temp) with no issues.
The one thing that I do prior to pulling down on the caper handle, is to put my finger on the cap and give the bottle a little shake, this releases a small amount of CO2 that purges any O2 b4 the capping operation is completed.
At odd times my bottles take a little longer carbonate, generally two weeks at 20C they are good to go - Cheers

2 weeks at 20C is hard in Tasmania!! Still, I'm keen to see how much a difference crash chilling will make to the clarity of my beer.

2 weeks at 20C is hard in Tasmania!! Still, I'm keen to see how much a difference crash chilling will make to the clarity of my beer.

There should be a cupboard somewhere in your house that stays warm. Perhaps next to some heating ducts or your hot water system or something like that.

Latest posts

Back