Fermentation Chambers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I would share my fridge interface.

How ******* cool is that????? that is awesome!
does it include timers/alarms? e.g if the fridge doesnt kick in and she goes over temp for too long does she let you know?

Ad

I thought I would share my fridge interface.

Would be grouse if the labels on the chart went left to right in the same order as the guages, or vice versa...
;)

How ******* cool is that????? that is awesome!
does it include timers/alarms? e.g if the fridge doesnt kick in and she goes over temp for too long does she let you know?

Ad

I have set this up on my server, it's a script that runs every 10 mins and if it has not received data it sends me an email. I can set this up to do anything such as if temp drifts too far, etc. It's a case of changing the PHP script. I have to remember to enable the script though as I don't use the fridge controller if I have nothing in the fridge.

I'd pay for that setup, though possibly have a option for a second fridge. Did you make your own shield for this?

Any number of fridges could be added, it's again a case of changing the PHP script and probably storing the data into different tables. A second fridge could be programmed in within minutes.

Would be grouse if the labels on the chart went left to right in the same order as the guages, or vice versa...
;)

Haha yeah, that's just aesthetics and the dial colours match the trace colours.

Also, if you were to look at the complex version (you are looking at the basic version of the page) you would also see:
* Fridge set point
* Beer slope (change in beer temp)
* Fridge slope (change in fridge temp)
* Device status (heating, cooling, idle, reset, etc).
These add a bunch of other colours too which throws it out.

EDIT: AAh screw it, fixed the order, it was all of 13 seconds work including opening Notepad++

EDIT2: Aaand now that I have the Notepad++ open, I might as well work on a script that lets me ramp the temperatures for lagering, etc.

Any number of fridges could be added, it's again a case of changing the PHP script and probably storing the data into different tables. A second fridge could be programmed in within minutes.

Would you mind adding my fridge????? :p hahahaha

Hey Ratchie,

do you have your temp sensors sitting down inside thermowells in your wort? How deep do you have them sitting? do you notice a big swing in temps?

Cheers Ad

Yes inside some beer line with the end melted closed,about 100-150mm,no big swing in temps I can leave the door open for a few minutes and the temp doesn't change.

For $5/month I can do that.... :)

All you need is an ethernet based device which posts temperature data to my site, Arduino with Ethernet shield can do this.

ahhh well to do that you'd prolly need to be able write code for the arduino, that would lead to being able to code the php, $5 a month saved!!!!!
knew I should have continued that cert iv in IT. Wonder when tafe enrols next???

Haha yeah, that's just aesthetics and the dial colours match the trace colours.

I noted that but it was making me go cross eyed with them not in the same order. :blink:
:D

ahhh well to do that you'd prolly need to be able write code for the arduino, that would lead to being able to code the php, $5 a month saved!!!!!
knew I should have continued that cert iv in IT. Wonder when tafe enrols next???

Hah, my system IS Arduino powered!

I would seriously consider hosting some data for other people if they wanted it...

Hah, my system IS Arduino powered!

I would seriously consider hosting some data for other people if they wanted it...

i'm sure if you were to put together an arduino with an ethernet shield and temp probe(s) that could upload to your webservice and sell them as a plug and play type device you'd get a few takers.

The problem with just hosting the webservice is anyone who can put together their own arduino powered device can probably host their own PHP webservice too.

edit: your UI is pretty cool btw

Yes inside some beer line with the end melted closed,about 100-150mm,no big swing in temps I can leave the door open for a few minutes and the temp doesn't change.

I've just ordered the stainless one from beer belly. Looking forward to seeing the difference.

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:
i'm sure if you were to put together an arduino with an ethernet shield and temp probe(s) that could upload to your webservice and sell them as a plug and play type device you'd get a few takers.

The problem with just hosting the webservice is anyone who can put together their own arduino powered device can probably host their own PHP webservice too.

edit: your UI is pretty cool btw

All this is well over my head. But my old man is a retired electrical engineer. We were discussing an Allen Bradley touch screen controller for the 3v + herms rig I am building just the other day.
Bit OT but anyway

Latest posts

Back