Ferment Temp For Cpa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadskin

Reaction score
I have re-cultured some CPA yeast to use in my next brew, a kk CPA clone from the data base, what is the best temp for
fermentation with this yeast? Any one have an idea?

Also, in the beer designer, which yeast should I pick to mirror the CPA culture?

I have re-cultured some CPA yeast to use in my next brew, a kk CPA clone from the data base, what is the best temp for
fermentation with this yeast? Any one have an idea?

Also, in the beer designer, which yeast should I pick to mirror the CPA culture?
The ferment temp with this yeast is pretty important.
17c will give you more pear flavours/aromas
As you get higher you will get progressively more banana. I wouldn't go higher than 20C myself, sticking close as I can to 18.
Cheers
Nige

I was discussing results with ekul yesterday, we also concluded 17 for a good temp, and 18 if you want that bit of banana.

QldKev

I was discussing results with ekul yesterday, we also concluded 17 for a good temp, and 18 if you want that bit of banana.

QldKev

+1...I have recultured CPA and used WLP009 a lot as well, and 17-18 is great. I have gone over 20 with not too noticeable results so if temp control is manual (towels, ice etc) don't get too upset as long as you are within a couple of degrees.

I'm managing to keep my Pale Ale with recultured coopers yeast at 20d, but it's getting pretty hard in my 40d garage.
I think trying to drop it down to 17 would be impossible... :unsure:

Thanks all. Got it set at 17C so we'll see how it goes.

Turned out great! Even after I stuffed up the hops. The initial sensation is that of CPA followed by intense hops and strong follow up bitterness. Quite pleasant now after being in the bottle for a fortnight but was a bit nasty straight out of the fermenter. A bit like Fat Yak now. I'll make it again but stick to 40gms instead of 90gms of Amarillo.

Back