Fementer In Fridge.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynnum1

Reaction score
Fementer in fridge.Air lock bubbles when door is open is this because of the change in temperature heats up and expands gas in fermenter and makes it look as fermenting better then it is.

Fementer in fridge.Air lock bubbles when door is open is this because of the change in temperature heats up and expands gas in fermenter and makes it look as fermenting better then it is.

How do you know it isn't bubbling when the door is shut? Did the little man who turns the fridge light on and off tell you?

How do you know it isn't bubbling when the door is shut? Did the little man who turns the fridge light on and off tell you?

Nah, don't be silly! It is much more quiet when the door is closed.

Chicken in oven. Skin sizzles when door is open because ears can hear then makes it cooking better then it is.

That was beautiful, man.

Hmmm I get your point

bud-light-fridge-face.jpg

Ha, that was funny shit, my little man in the fridge comes gets me when my brew has finished fermenting.

Are the bubbles bubbling backwards when you open the door?
Like into the fermenter rather than the other direction.

I'm pretty sure some fridges use a vacum pump to seal the door a little better, you should hear a sound when you close the door as well as see the rubber sealing compress a bit.
But if that's the case then the air would go into the fementer rather than out when you open the door.

edit: Well, that would just give one bubble as the door opens, if it continues to bubble then that's certainly not the reason.

Haiku:

Doona on blip blip Doonah off BLARP BLARP
My sushi chills. Swans at Sunset

doonah_3.JPGdoonah_1.JPG

Chicken in oven. Skin sizzles when door is open because ears can hear then makes it cooking better then it is.

Are the bubbles bubbling backwards when you open the door?
Like into the fermenter rather than the other direction.

I'm pretty sure some fridges use a vacum pump to seal the door a little better, you should hear a sound when you close the door as well as see the rubber sealing compress a bit.
But if that's the case then the air would go into the fementer rather than out when you open the door.

edit: Well, that would just give one bubble as the door opens, if it continues to bubble then that's certainly not the reason.

This thread is gold :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drill a hole in the fridge door and install a peephole (like in some front doors). You will be able to watch the airlock without opening the fridge.

Maybe it's an old Kelvinator refrigerator, I had one that used to do that, so I stopped using airlocks.

Screwy

Drill a hole in the fridge door and install a peephole (like in some front doors). You will be able to watch the airlock without opening the fridge.

Ahhh too true but the light would be off.

When I was a child I wanted to know if the fridge light went off so I put my pet cat in there figuring if his pupils went small the light was on, pupils big the light was off.
He came out with big pupils so I am convinced there is a little man in there operating the light, or it was just sheer terror - here kitty kitty.

Vibrations while opening the door or walking towards the fridge?

You can simulate that: put an open bottle of beer into an ultrasonic bath. But use a remote switch... ;)

Cheers,

Alex

Ahhh too true but the light would be off.

Yeah forgot about that, maybe you could put a pull switch on the fridge light and run the string out through another hole.

But by George I think you've got it. It's the heat from the light bulb causing the bubbling :super:

Screwy

I thought oxygen reacted with seismic shifts when there's a drop in the pH of the milk?

Ray Daniels has a section on dairy products.

Back