Favourite ~$40 Case?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rated Shipstone's Crew - $30 a case from Aldi - when I had it a few months ago. Brewed in New Zealand, apparently, and is a pretty tasty amber ale.

WTF?!?! Ive never heard of it...

I picked up a case of Oettinger for $29.90 at Dans on the weekend, I'd never heard of it before and took a gamble almost purely because it broke the magic $30 mark. Not too bad IMO.

I picked up a 6 pack at the local Safeway $8.98 :) . The 4 on the outside were skunked terribly :( . The 2 in the middle were pretty good for a $1.50 stubbie of pils. The real cost was $4.50 per stubby, the 4 on the outside were shocking.

Yup is a controversial one the old Oettingers. Remember a thread on commercial beers you hate and there were a lot of posts on that and amsterdam mariner.

Don't mind the Oettingers myself (OK taste + cheap), plus you can save the nice brown crown seal bottles for your own homebrew. Bonus! :icon_cheers:

Hopper.

I had a Stella the other day for the first time in ages. WOW what a great beer that is.
I also love Grolsch

Good post Timmsy :p

I picked up a case of Oettinger for $29.90 at Dans on the weekend, I'd never heard of it before and took a gamble almost purely because it broke the magic $30 mark. Not too bad IMO.

Oettinger isnt to bad. Better then them coldies etc... I had to get a mate a ctn of coldies last sat $37 i nearly past out and there was CPA sitting rite next to it for $36 i felt so pov

Sparling all the way but!

WTF?!?! Ive never heard of it...

The Aldi beers are as good as other budget options (IMO) but, as it's Aldi they are usually cheaper.

I throw a 6 pack of some German pils called Wernesgruner into the trolley occasionally. It's nothing flash, but it's full strength and $30ish a slab (get the lingo right if you're coming to Melbourne).

But maybe, if its quantity you're after, you'll be better off picking up the 6 x cleanskins of Shiraz Cab for $13!... :wacko:
I couldn't say no.

I thought Oettinger Pils was not to bad, I then tried the Amsterdam Mariner and it was very ordinary, bit like the mega-swill, needs to be ice cold to drink.......

The Aldi beers are as good as other budget options (IMO) but, as it's Aldi they are usually cheaper.

Stupid NSW and no grog in our Aldi....I could just see the line up on thursday morning when they had a beer special hahaha

I LOVE Beck's. No matter what I buy though, it always makes it's way into a glass.
Mitch :)

Back