Favorite Brewery Tour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few of my favourite brewery tours:

Cantillon, Brussels - Go on "Open Day" - where you get to watch them brew and participate, so much fun and usually a great crowd of beer geeks.
Fullers, London - Great tour by enthusiastic volunteers. Even though its quite an automated brewery it was interesting to see them retain some traditional methods whilst using modern equipment.
Youngs, London (now gone :( ) - Was a wonderful tour, including the little farm they had going on with horses, ramrod (their mascot) and guard geese. Such a shame this was closed.
Lagunitas, Petaluma CA - Probably the craziest brewery tour I've been on. The assistant brewer was certainly a character, also got to witness them leave a valve open during transfer and the chaos that ensued.
Six Point Craft Ales, Brooklyn NY - Probably the most fun brewery tour I've been on. Brewer was so jovial and really got everyone involved in the tour.
Hair of the Dog, Portland OR - Probably the most generous tour I've been on. Alan was happy to chat for some time, and offered me tastings of some incredible beers, including a nip of Dave (12 year old oak aged barley wine at the time).
Malt Shovel, Sydney - My first brewery visit outside of WA, and first at a brewery of that size. Great company on the first ever AHB official event. I can still remember how hoppy, fresh and brilliant the Pilsner tasted from the bright tank.

Back