Farting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are yes you know its a goodn when you cant stand it your self.

Just gave self 9 out of 10 - hooollly shiiit! :icon_vomit:

Evenin Brewers,
I just dropped my guts and **** it stinks.
Has anyone found that a particular brew gives off a specific unpleasant odour when passing out the old sphincter?

The first batch I did was all extract on the stove top, with hops just thrown in and then everything transferred to the fermenter, including hops and trub. I did crash chill it but a fair bit of hop particles made it to the keg. This beer made me fart like I've never farted before.

There's definitely something in this.
I've seriously had certain brews cook up some real rippers.
Does anyone know what the ingredient is for sure. I don't think it's the yeast because I've even drunk the sediment without the desired effect.

There's definitely something in this.
I've seriously had certain brews cook up some real rippers.
Does anyone know what the ingredient is for sure. I don't think it's the yeast because I've even drunk the sediment without the desired effect.

Yeast does it, as does the bigger sugars present in darker (caramel/crystal/melanoidin darkness) beers.

Bigger sugars can bypass the stomach and ferment in the intestines, forming all sorts of meaty smells.

Does anyone know what the ingredient is for sure.
I reckon if you light them up you should be able to tell by what color it burns :rolleyes:

Who cares, just let em rip :icon_drunk:

One of life's great pleasures, letting a fat one rip.

Saw a cartoon once where there were two guys standing next to each other in front of urinals.
One guy's back of his pants had all blow out and shredded, and he's saying "Now, that's what I call a fart!".

Most of mine are quite delicate and delicious, kind of like chanel or a spring afternoon in the botanical gardens.

Yeah right manticle, pull the other one, it plays jingle bells :lol:

Most of mine are quite delicate and delicious, kind of like chanel or a spring afternoon in the botanical gardens.

Are the Rafflesia flowering already?

Well, I guess it must of been something I ate if it's not beer related.

Yeah right manticle, pull the other one, it plays jingle bells :lol:

Actually my favourite tune is 'how much is that doggy in the window'. If only I could bottle some of my gas you'd understand.

@bum: I had to google that one but a good milk stout or two and I think you might be onto something.

My wife has made the Dutch oven technique redundant. It's almost like she can sense when i'm going to do it. Now, i'll fart, kiss her good night, and roll over. The resultant rise and fall of the doona is enough to give her a quick blast. She hates it. I laugh.

My wife has made the Dutch oven technique redundant. It's almost like she can sense when i'm going to do it. Now, i'll fart, kiss her good night, and roll over. The resultant rise and fall of the doona is enough to give her a quick blast. She hates it. I laugh.

I once worked with a guy who had a good dutch oven technique. His girlfriend caught on pretty quick and would lock the covers between her arms and her body. So he turned his head toward the ceiling, did the "hhhhrrrrrrccccckkk" suck-up-snot-thing and spit. She ducked under the covers, and he held her under.

Yes he was a pig. Funny, but a pig.

I don't need a dutch oven. There's a natural slope to the air in our bedroom that makes all of mine float gently to my wife's side of the bed. :)

Stouts and Porters are definitely the worse.

My mates still talk about my New Years Day fart, about 15years ago.
Dropped in a room with a bunch of sleepers, and it worked better than an alarm clock.
A heavy night on the Old's will do that to you.

12 month old apple & pear cider with wyeast 4766 - bloody hell thats some potent stink!

My mates still talk about my New Years Day fart, about 15years ago.
Dropped in a room with a bunch of sleepers, and it worked better than an alarm clock.
A heavy night on the Old's will do that to you.

haha i remember someone doing this years ago when we were all hungover.

No one would admit to doing it.

we called it 'the presence'. It was the worst lingering fart I've ever smelled. So bad.

Back