Fake Aussie Lager Recipe Suggestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've over ordered a shedload of BB ale to make malt liquors but decided to put da mofo liquaz on hold for a while and do some toucan headbangers instead.

I expect BB ale would be fine for making a basic Aussie Lager? Or blended half and half with BB Pilsener?

I've over ordered a shedload of BB ale to make malt liquors but decided to put da mofo liquaz on hold for a while and do some toucan headbangers instead.

I expect BB ale would be fine for making a basic Aussie Lager? Or blended half and half with BB Pilsener?

Always used Galaxy Bribie but now it is no more (and until the much vaunted replacement arrives next year) perhaps BB pale would be your best bet amongst the Barrett Burston malts?

TP

Yes, I currently have 8kg of pale and 15kg of ale, I'll try half and half - the srm of the ale isn't too bad for making a pale beer.

Went into G&G yesterday and they do not stock s-189 so picked up 34/70 instead. Where are people getting 189? apparently its only available in bulk amounts.

I find Aussie Lagers are better made with BB Ale than BB Pale - the Pale comes out too sweet.

Back