F%&$#(*kin Blocked Kettle Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scourer is tied over the end, not pushed into the tube.

hahah! i actually tried that scourer job way before i purchased the hop screen and it was shithouse, either i had too much scrunched up in there or i was doing it wrong.

hahaha classic so i did have too much up there and i was doing it WRONG also....and i wonder why it didnt work, winning combo right there fents.

I know it's too late but for future reference to siphon the wort just fill a tube with sanatised water then stick one end in the wort and let the sanitised water pull the wort down the tube. Thats the easy clean way to start the siphon. No need for any auto siphon stuff, marble jiggler etc....

Not to mention the marble jigger will get clogged with hob debris and refuse to work properly after 15 seconds. Experience talking :p

I know it's too late but for future reference to siphon the wort just fill a tube with sanatised water then stick one end in the wort and let the sanitised water pull the wort down the tube. Thats the easy clean way to start the siphon. No need for any auto siphon stuff, marble jiggler etc....

This is what I do as well. I use silicone hose and made a stand so that the kettle end of the hose is hands-free. Apart from being too scared to drill a hole in my shiny, new kettle, the valve and pick-up tube would just get in the way when SWMBO steals my kettle to make jam or tomato sauce!

mmmmmmm strawberry and tomato pale ales!!!!!!!!

the latest flavour of the month

Back