Extract Building Arecipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
i have always done kits, always with adda packs, while i am more than happy with most of my results i might now have a go at using extracts, is there a program that i can use to play around with amount of extract etc to see what may interest me as far as bittering/aroma/sg.fg etc
cheers
fergi

i have always done kits, always with adda packs, while i am more than happy with most of my results i might now have a go at using extracts, is there a program that i can use to play around with amount of extract etc to see what may interest me as far as bittering/aroma/sg.fg etc
cheers
fergi

Fergi,
Beersmith is the obvious one www.beersmith.com use free for 21 days then can buy a license from one of this sites sponsors or even beerbelly.
Or online at www.recipator.com is a good spreadsheet based program for formulating recipes.

Nige

promash has free trial also...the trial on this is unlimited time, it just limits some options like printing, and you can only save 3 recipes. Brewsta is a free programme, available online, but its a much more basic program (which has a lot harder to use interface, as well.)

IMO, beersmith or promash ftw....I think they both have pros and cons, and when it all comes out, are as good as each other.

www.beertools.com is also a online recipe generator and calculator that i find alright it is limited in many ways but it is easy to use and its free but you will have to print out recipes by copy and past onto word document and then printing then i keep the word documents for my computer database

Hi fergi

Been looking for a similar thing, tend to find the available software a bit complicated as it is mainly aimed at all grain brewers.

So I am in the process of developing a spreadsheet for Kit & Extract recipes, hopefully post it on the forum in the next couple of days. Whilst I would not recommend using it in its present form, would appreciate opinions and comments.

cheers

Ian

I've been using beersmith and thanks to a great AHB member (who's name unfortunately escapes me) provided me with the coopers, cascade and morgans kits so there's no dicking around getting the right hop schedule in to match the kit values. Has helped me work out what the OG and FG should roughly be and there's plenty of different recipes to download for it.

Back