Everyone Should Also Make This

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see people can post threads in confidence aye!. If you dont have a can opener maybe not post in the this section unless you can contribute to help people. Not all of us get given a 3v system and a guided instruction how to AG so we gotto start some where and for most its K&K.

I think its good neill is still going in extract and posting to help new people out, Also think that his first thread made life so much easier for people making the step to extract as there it was a recipe almost every one likes, I have brewed better extract brews but thats my taste not his and I think his was the one to make me take the step. So to neill a big cheers and thanks for the confidence and recipe in taking the step will never look back.

Think I'll hav a crack at this one.c if all the arguments were worth it.I for one dont really care what the post is called-if the opening post isnt what I'm into then I read no further-easy.

looks like i won't be sharing any more recipes then if you guys would prefer to save the server space. should i go and delete my other thread as well to save you all the ardous task of reading threads that aren't of intense interest to you all?

This thread impressed me so much that you didn't take offense previously to Quantum's jibe, yet everyone else flapped around like those caryard inflatable tube men. Now it's been spoiled.

What I want to know, if everyone should make this, what about the poor, minority group of AG'ers, surely there could be a translation for a non dextrose version. I don't really have the experience to transpose the dex add into mashing regime.

Yea maybe I am stupid in your eyes. But direct insults like that one, and the earlier suggestion to the other guy to start consuming the pink appendage would say to me that youre only here to make trouble. As usual. So many threads here are littered with your little gameplay. I dont care if your part of the colour that makes AHB unique, and opinion-entitled, youre a troublemaker and you know it. In a real-life situation amongst thick-as-pigshit blokes down at the local, I reckon you would be curbing your opinions a bit more, at least out of self preservation. The point of all this is that the recipe might be good, but its not for everyone, despite what the title insists. Why the bejesus would an AG brewer do this recipe? If I even wanted to try and make a tried and true recipe of Neills like this I honestly dont know how I would do so on a grain level. Please Bum, tell me why and how Neill's choice of pronoun should be acceptable a second time?

Hi Neill,

What were the alpha acids of the hops you used or what bitterness should i be aiming for to replicate you brew?

Lodan

looks like i won't be sharing any more recipes then if you guys would prefer to save the server space. should i go and delete my other thread as well to save you all the ardous task of reading threads that aren't of intense interest to you all?
With the rapid rate that the internet is running out of space (there's only a limited number of tubes you know, guys), maybe we should all take heed of Neill's environmentally responsible efforts.

Think of the elecrons! Won't somebody think of the elecrons!

If I even wanted to try and make a tried and true recipe of Neills like this I honestly dont know how I would do so on a grain level.

2.5kg Pale Malt
1.5kg Wheat Malt
0.2kg caramunich
500g dextrose
Hops: 1x 80g packet Cascade
1x 80 packet B-Saaz

About this time last year I hoped to go to the Philippines for a month so stopped brewing. The PI gig didn't eventuate and to catch up I did a double-quantity extract brew just to get a couple of kegs filled till I could get some grains in. Despite my wide and deep expertise in this craft :ph34r: :rolleyes: It turned out tasting like my old Dad's beer he would crank out in the 1950s in a plastic garbage bin under the stairs. I understand why so many people try extract brewing and don't like the result. Many go onto full mash brewing which is good but I'm sure a lot of them just wave their hands in the air and go out and buy a slab of Oettinger.

Now someone is posting extract recipes that are receiving a good reception so if you are looking to go to extract you definitely Should try Neils recipes first off, if you like American style APAs (Fat Yak, LCPA etc).

Seems more than clear to me that you're nothing more than a poorly educated troll with nothing better to do with their time than hurl cheap insults at people.
Since the "moderation staff" of the site seem to endorse this pathetic carrying on, perhaps the Administrator might consider doing his site, and the majority of posters who have tired of the pathetic dribblings emanting from your fingers, to do us all a favour, and make your posts an opt-in "special" feature.
Seems pretty clear he's being sarcastic to me.

Probably lost on you though. You're thick as pigshit.

bum chooses his fights. if he loses one he'll just not post in that thread again.

just ignore him, not worth it.

Yeah, after far too much digging I found the "ignore moron" button. Still, I reckon opt-in is more sensible, and could cut a lot of superfluous crap from the server bandwidth.

I ignored Darren for a long time but every now and again the temptation got too much and I would temporarily unignore him just to see what was happening on a particular thread :rolleyes: Couldn't help myself.

Lodan: sorry mate i had a look through the bin but i've thrown the hop packets out! I think the b-saaz is around 8.2% and the cascade is 9.something? I think you're aiming for around 30ibu or so, it's not a very bitter beer but this combination of hops and times is just right. I had a bunch of goes at it which turned out OK, but this one is just perfect. So I thought i'd throw the recipe up because the other centenarillo concoction i discovered got such positive feedback.

This is the style of beers i'm currently making - both this recipe and the centenarillo are very hoppy, not too bitter and quite fruity and tasty. Commercial beers that come close are things like Little Creatures Bright Ale and James Squire Golden Ale - low IBU, big flavour, clean body.

I think a lot of extract brewers out there are trying to make similar beers with varying success - these recipes are carefully tried time and time again until i get them just right. If you like that type of beer, save yourself a bunch of money and time on experimental brews and make these, then tell me what you think so i can make them better next time.

Thanks guys

Haha, no worries mate, thanks for hunting!
I'll aim for 30 and let you know how i go

Neills centarillo was my first extract recipe. That recipe was probably the one that got me into homebrewing again. It was so good i decided to make an ag version. I used the grain bill from dr smurtos golden ale and the hops for the centarillo, it was a cracker beer! I will be making that one again very soon.

I'm getting some cascade and saaz soon too, i might try an ag version of this recipe too.

I'm definitely going to try this one after my white rabbit attempt finishes (fingers crossed)

I think i'll make labels for it as well, probably call it "EAC".

Back