European Beer Glasses

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second we have the beer beer glass collection.

I love the Schfferhofer glass to bits. A nice size and so very pretty.

My father brought a couple Cascade Four Seasons glasses back from Tassie. Not a bad glass but usually passed over for an ordinary pint glass.

Coopers schooner. Got it free with a six pack of Coopers Premium to replace the red one I used to have that I nicked from the Renmark Club.

Southwark Black mug. Absolute pearler of a mug, my choice for black & tans. My girlfriend nicked it from the pub for me, God bless 'er.

DAB mug. Great for anything from a 330mL bottle. Free with DAB.

The Heineken glass is my latest aquisition, free with a sixpack. The shape seems to be good at releasing aroma without staling the beer to quickly.

Not in the photo is a couple of those Grolsch glasses that come free with a magnum. I never use 'em.

Next on the agenda is to pick up one or two of those Hoegaarden tumblers. I love them. When I get two I am going to name them Bebop and Rocksteady.

glasses1.jpg

And lastly, the unlabeleds.

First off, the traditional SA pint glass. I've got around three of these and they're my preferred glass. Liberated them all from public houses at one point or another, I'm ashamed to admit.

Second, the schooner. I've got two of these, one I'm even more ashamed to admit I picked up off the street outside the cranker.

Third, the butcher. Only one of these, but still stolen. Took it because I wanted a butcher and that particular shape can be balanced diagonally on a 20 piece, always a neat trick.

And lastly, although not a beer glass my Coriole wine glass is what I use for tastings whenever I take an SG reading. Picked it up at the McLaren Vale Sea & Vines festival last year, I don't remember much of that day.

Not shown is two funny stemmed glasses a liquor store in Mildura was giving away free with sixpacks of premium beers.

glasses2.jpg

i scored some beauty,s in Norway, one from a place called Arendal one from the Kristiansand brewery and another from the Mack brewery in nothern Norway this is my pride and joy as it has the worlds northern most brewery printed on the back.

I like the twisty Weihenstephaner glasses that swirl your bubbles around and generate head in wheat beers. Got a couple free with various cartons of Weihen..., and they look pretty but they don't get a guernsey very often.

Also got a pint stein from Weihens... weighs over a pound. Good weapon, but wears you out over a night of drinking. And some coopers stemmed glasses but they only hold a stubby.

It's my nonic I use every night. Versatile pint glass and it's got a little ridge that stops it from slipping out of your hand.

I thought wheat beers didn't need any encouragement to generate head?

Back