Esk Beer Fest Home Brew Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddy2

Reaction score
Hello fellow Tassie brewers,
I trust you all had an enjoyable Xmas.
I have been trying to find out what the go is with the HB competition for the 2014 beer fest. I can't see anything on the website or facebook site and I have called the contact number and left a message. No response as yet. I also checked with Crown Cellars but they are in the dark too.
Does anyone have any information in regard to registration and entry?
Cheers,
Paddy

I am also trying to find out about this and will let you know if I find out anything.

Looks like a couple of people have asked on the facebook page and had no response. Is it even happening this time?
Pretty sure I asked Paul about it on the phone a few weeks ago and he didn't know if it was happening either.

Extremely short notice again but the competition is still on this year. Not enough time to brew for it, but if you have something your proud of bring a bottle (at least 500ml or equivelant bottle sizes) to the Morrison Brewery stall at the event on Friday, winners announced at Beerfest on Saturday.
The prize will be the same as last year, your winning beer will be brewed at Morrison Brewery and available on tap at The Irish, Launceston.
All entries MUST be all grain.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Poo. That's me out.
:icon_offtopic: What ?? Gone back to brewing kits LRG. Or you have drunk all your xmas beers and are waiting for me to come over so you can sponge a few freebies :D :chug:

Back on topic - Looks like I'm probably out as well unless I can mail something up to Morrisons. Trouble is the only carbonated beer I have atm is the same beer I entered last year. I have a Porter but it needs carbonating. I suppose I could send it up uncarbed with my Beer Engine. :p Should win then, just for presentation.
Cheers
LB

Don't know how to force carb mate? with the weather at the moment I imagine you could even bottle condition in time!

Yeah....I'm out. Got nothing ready.

Who's going anyway? I'm gonna stop in on Saturday arvo for a few hours.

I'll be there Saturday. Not sure what time but probably afternoon and in to the evening.

LagerBomb said:
:icon_offtopic: What ?? Gone back to brewing kits LRG. Or you have drunk all your xmas beers and are waiting for me to come over so you can sponge a few freebies :D :chug:

Back on topic - Looks like I'm probably out as well unless I can mail something up to Morrisons. Trouble is the only carbonated beer I have atm is the same beer I entered last year. I have a Porter but it needs carbonating. I suppose I could send it up uncarbed with my Beer Engine. :p Should win then, just for presentation.
Cheers
LB
Wash your mouth out with Woolies Draught Kit Beer brewed at 35 degrees. I'd rather drink nothing than brew kits.

Run out and haven't brewed for 4 months. Cracked some grain but it'll be another week until I can get it sorted.

Unless they want a massive American Barleywine.

Might enter it uncarbonated, and send a syringe with it. BribieGs pocket beer engine. :D :D :D

I'll be there Friday night and for a few hours on the Saturday. Hope to catch up with a few AHBers.

I should have something to enter in the comp.

Do we need to provide any information with the beer?

Last year it was
- your name
- contact details (email and phone preferrably mobile)
- Type of beer (style)
- abv ( I think - not sure)
- Name of beer ( If you have named your beer eg James Squires "The Constable" .
Thats all I can remember
Cheers
LB

itmechanic said:
a recipe attached to your entry would be appreciated.
Now you want recipe - after I have couriered it up to you. Anyway, a good beer judge should be able to pick the 2 kg of oysters and 1 kg of rasperries in my Stout. Not to mention all the other exotic ingredients that I have stuffed in it. I mean, my stout had 10 grams of Pamela Andersons pubic hair which I got of Ebay for $50.
Actaully, I think this is reasonably understandable, seeing thqt you are going to brew 500 litres of it.
Lucky that the courier forgot to pick it up. I can now add it to my parcel. (Note - never use fastway couriers. This is the third time they have screwed me over)

Jeez, you can't stop these northwest coasters - they will do anything to win. Titillating the judges with the thought that they can get that close to Pamela Anderson's map of Tassie is one step too far LB. A curly one for the judges to chew on when decision time comes around.
In the meantime, I have fossicked around the cellar and unearthed a few bottles for the comp. I should be there early Sat arvo so I look forward to catching up anyone else who is coming.

Back