• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Esb Fresh Worts In Victoria

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normell

Winter's Flat's #1 Brewer, now that XXXX have move
Reaction score
Went to G&G yesterday to get another ESB fresh pack, and was told that they are "cutting back" on the ESB packs, in favor of their own, which is understandable, but I like the variety that ESB offer.
So the question is, does any other HB shops in Victoria stock ESB fresh packs ??.
I know I could order direct from ESB, but freight would be a killer. :angry:

Normell

Sucks big time. Like you said, ESB have a good range of "fresh" wort style beers. I could understand if G&G were to not sell a similar style "fresh" wort pack, however I would have thought that they would still sell the other beer style ESB packs. No doubt the G&G artisanale wort pack brings a higher profit margin for them. I have yet to try the G&G wort pack and may drop in and grab one during the week, to give myself a break from A/Graining for one day/brew. Will keep my eye on this thread to see if the ESB packs are available elsewhere in Melb. I loved their irish red pack.

Cheers :)

I have tried one of the G&G fresh packs, and it is top quality, but variety is good.
They are going too do different styles eventually but .........
Inquired about the ESB summer wheat, but no :( , and sorry Stoodoo, I think I got the last Irish Red they had in stock :D

Normell
PS have sent an eMail to ESB asking if there are anymore stockists of the fresh packs in Vic. will let you know when I get a reply

Got a reply from ESB
Hi Rob, Thanks for the email and your comments. Brewers Den in Boronia stock them.
So try them. Tel.[ 03] 9761 1900. Talk to Peter, Rgs Mel ESB.

So looks like I'll have too go to Boronia for my supplies from now on :angry:

Normell

Got an email from Peter at brewers Den

Gidday Rob,

We do indeed stock the ESB Wort kits but unfortunately I don't have any of the wheat ones at the moment. I will be ordering from ESB in Sydney shortly and I will be getting some if they have them. I charge $32 ea for the wort kits which come with a standard yeast. You may like to get one of the Saf yeasts which will produce a better flavour than the standard yeast. The price for these is $3.95.

Cheers & Beers

Peter

So at least I can still get my favorites if G&G run out, & at a good price too

Normell

To my understanding G&G were running low because of the situation ESB are in at present (being that the brewer is ill and retiring from his duties, and there may or may not be a replacement brewer) and will probably be stocking more of the range again when fresh stock becomes available - but I may be wrong.

Inform your local to get in contact with

*GerardM at ndbrewing.com.au and Im sure he'll fix them up

*Or Scotty at nnlsupplies.com.au for a similar product(different styles)

This is what Gerards wort kits look like guys

Look for ND Brewing Brewers Selection

no affiliation - well only my artwork

Franko

weblabel.jpg

Latest posts

Back