EOI - Urn group buy, vic (to start off with)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leighaus

Reaction score
Urn group buy for those new to biab...

At this point I'm looking to see how many numbers are interested before I put in the hard yards..

I'm not even sure if we would fare much better as a group buy, but if I can get a rough figure of interested people, i can put the feelers out..

Either birko or crown, depending on majority.

Will must likely chase 40l so we can do full single batch, once we factor in boil off etc . also not fussed over exposed or concealed

if it doesnt muster at least 10 nods, it wont be worth investigating.

Yep, we seem to be nodding mostly at each other...it's echoey in here.

Here's what seems a pretty good deal on eBay for a new 30 liter one I've been looking at. He used to carry a 50L or 60L one but I didn't see it looking at his eBay sale items just now. That one needed a 15 amp circuit. It looked a beast, concealed coil, good sight glass, all stainless, etc.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301311798470%20

What size brew do you plan on producing with a 30l urn? Have you allowed for boil off and the actually product boiling and the weight of your grains taking up space also? I was under the impression you needed a 40l to produce your 21 brews ?

You could squeeze out a 21l batch on a 30l unit. I make 27l batches on a 40l without an issue.

Back