• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

EOI on a couple of small Cascade crowns/rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanvonbeerenstein

Reaction score
G'day all,
just cut back the old shriveled growth from 2x big 4th year and 3x small Cascade plants, as well as a single 4th year Chinook.
just seeing if theres enough interest to sell/swap some rhizome's off the bigger plants and entire crowns for the smaller Cascades before i dig them up for people, otherwise they'll sit in the vege patch taking up space until next season
so would anyone be keen to buy some Cascade/Chinook rhizomes or Cascade crowns? :) (or later in the year if its too early? :ph34r:)
i'm in SE suburbs melbourne

dug one of the smaller crowns up out of curiosity and this is what i found:
10928659_10206977886665852_997912945_n.jpg

I've just moved to the basin and I've finally got room to plant some. I'll buy some but Can you wait till next week as I'm still waiting to find out when my knee reco is and I can't drive at the moment

I would definitely be interested in some (Cascade and Chinook), I work in croydon so i could stop by after work, Let me know How much you would sell them for?

No sweat, I'll post up some photos and prices when I dig them up tomorrow hopefully, not sure what's going on under the dirt but they had an awesome growing season producing about over a pound dry each for being in pots

Would you post them? I'm on the NSW south coast and would like a cascade.
Dave

Hey fellas,
Dug and cut up the first of the big cascade crowns today. Got 4 big rhizomes and two thinner but longer ones for those who are interested. These ones are nice, thick and full of little nodes/buds so are almost guaranteed to shoot as long as you treat them well
They're $15 each for the nice thick ones with $10 express postage in a sealed moist coir package. Collection can be arranged from Scoresby, Vic too
The two thinner ones might not post well so they can be picked up for $15 for the pair.
Digging up the Chinook and other Cascades tomorrow too so will post more up for grabs then!
Also, the whole cascade crown in the original post is up for grabs at $30 too still picked up :)
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1431505642.082021.jpg
20 cent coins for size reference

Im in for a fatty at $15 plus postage.
Hope I'm not too late.

Received mine today. Very happy. Now I need to be patient and wait till October to plant the little bugger.

As long as the soil it's in won't frost over, I'd chuck them in some well drained soil with some mulch over it. Yob gave me similar advice when I picked up a hop crown off him too from memory

Latest posts

Back