EOI - Importing beer engines from the UK (limited time offer)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fdsaasdf

Reaction score
Thanks to welly2 for sharing this awesome deal: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/78151-cask-and-hand-pump/page-10#entry1430870

Details
http://cfbsonline.co.uk/

For our special customers

100 for 100

Get this super classy looking classic real-ale clamp-on handpull for a give-away January offer of £100 each
We have 100 of these beautys available so please don't hesitate to contact us if this is of interest
or use the promotional January code of rlbs10 at the check-out of our website shop to get 10% off all items on our webshop plus get this handpull offer.

Price exclude VAT & Carriage

Handpull Spec:

1/4pt Pull Cylinder with Water Cooling Jacket as standard
Polished Brass Handle Assembly with Oak Colour Wood Handle & Plinth
Clamp-on Unit with 70mm wide Clamp-Jaw (Clamps to a bar / work top between 25 and 70mm thick)
280mm Pump Length from under plinth (bar top) to bottom of handpull
Fully Refurbished Unit to an "As New" finish with a 12 month warranty (same as brand new)

Some quick figures (units, GBP, AUD)
  1. 226 ~$365
  2. 326 ~$526 (~$273 each)
  3. 514 ~$830 (~$276 each)
  4. 614 ~$992 (~$248 each)
  5. 714 ~$1153 (~$230 each)
  6. 902 ~$1457 (~$243 each)
  7. 1002 ~$1619 (~$231 each)
  8. 1102 ~$1780 (~$223 each)

5 seems like the sweet spot. I will absolutely take one for under $250 shipped to Brisbane.

Another 3 or 4 folks interested in BNE? With deals like this it's best to strike while the iron's hot!

Any hand-pump fans out there lurking? The GBP has fallen a point or so in recent days so you can knock a couple of dollars off the unit price of each :beer:

fdsaasdf said:
Some quick figures (units, GBP, AUD)
  1. 226 ~$365
  2. 326 ~$526 (~$273 each)
  3. 514 ~$830 (~$276 each)
  4. 614 ~$992 (~$248 each)
  5. 714 ~$1153 (~$230 each)
  6. 902 ~$1457 (~$243 each)
  7. 1002 ~$1619 (~$231 each)
  8. 1102 ~$1780 (~$223 each)
Keep in mind once you break over the number 4 mark you'll legally be up for duty + GST.

Prices posted above include shipping to BNE.

Understood that GST may apply, though we could ask the supplier to accept multiple transactions from multiple customers and remain under the threshold.

fdsaasdf said:
Prices posted above include shipping to BNE.

Understood that GST may apply, though we could ask the supplier to accept multiple transactions from multiple customers and remain under the threshold.
Unfortunately as the total amount would exceed the threshold you would still be up for import duty and GST.

Source:
http://www.border.gov.au/Busi/cargo-support-trade-and-goods/importing-goods/importing-by-post-or-mail

"One parcel for multiple people
If a parcel (one consignment) addressed to you contains goods or packages for other people (such as your friends or relatives) and the parcel has a declared or assessed value of more than AUD1000, you will need to lodge an Import Declaration. Duty, taxes and charges, where applicable, are payable for all the goods in that parcel.
Customs law does not permit a parcel to be split or broken down into separate items for assessment, even when the items were imported for other people."

Thanks for your advice, but respectfully that isn't relevant if the transactions and consignments are actually separate - which could be negotiated with the vendor of the purchase was significant enough to them.

Also the totals posted above are inclusive of freight - the value of the goods is 100 pounds per unit so ~$163ea today so we'd need at least 7 units to qualify.

Of course while there are currently only 2 interested members it's not even close to a concern at present :)

I'm in, but unless we can get to 5, it might not be worth it?

Postage from the UK is expensive, it's making up almost 50% of the cost!

Is there no sea freight options that potentially that could take months, but be fairly cheap?
If you've gone without one for years, surely a couple of months wait for it to get here wouldn't hurt

Hi In Sydney but interested in one
Would probably want spare seals etc as well.
James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Has anyone checked eBay UK, I got mine as a refurbished but he was out of stock so sent me a brand new one, was around the same price with international shipping.

I have looked on and off, haven't seen anything near this price in this condition and with water jacket. Personally I would lrefer to purchase through a reputable company than eBay, but for the right deal I wouldn't rule it out.

WEAL do you know the user name or still have a link?

Mardoo put me onto a guy but he stopped responding to my messages and think he's no longer interested in shipping world wide.

Was in Lancashire is all I can remember he was always on there, sells quite a few. You will also need to get the check valve and sparkler.
I have been buying a bit of stuff from the UK because the pound is down, mainly fishing gear, and I bought a new pole a month ago where the parcel was 2M long and it only cost 50 pounds to ship with UPS Saver.
I think sea freight now is a thing of the past unless your getting something from China by post.

Good to get one of these little guys as well, pours just as good and easy to move around.
maxresdefault.jpg

zwitter said:
Hi In Sydney but interested in one
Would probably want spare seals etc as well.
James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I am in Sydney every 3-6 months reliably so if you were willing to wait a while I could bring it via the airport.

Last call for interest before I bail out - the promotion ends next Tuesday and there are still units in stock. Please post here if you're interested.

Latest posts

Back