• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Entire Brewing Set Up For Sale (sydney)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgc7of7

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've decided to sell my entire brewing set up, so thought someone here may benefit from a ready-to-go BIAB rig.

Pick up only, at Waterloo (Sydney). At this stage I don't want to split it up.

Included in the sale is:

An aluminium electric urn - the "bowl" is about 400mm high and 400mm in diameter. It works well, although isn't super speedy, it can take around an hour or more to bring wort to a good boil. It does have a tap, but you don't really want to use it for transferring wort as it is quite turbulent and gets clogged pretty easily (I don't have a filter screen at the take off point). Pretty easy to install a weldless valve though. I have always syphoned wort out.
1.jpg
2.jpg

An aluminium pot, 300mm high by 300mm diameter (approximately). Good for heating top-up water or doing k&k's.
3.jpg

Two 30L fermenters (1 sans lid - good for bulk priming, or just put glad wrap over the top for fermenting), a jerry can thing (for no chill), and a bottle capper.
4.jpg

A fridge, complete with fridgemate (not shown). Note that I do have all of the internal shelves etc for the fridge, and these will be included. The fridge easily fits either of my fermenters - it's pretty much the perfect size (not too big, not too small). There is a bit of rust on one side (refer to the third photo).
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

A bottle tree and cleaner squirty thing (on top of the tree), and a 2L erlenmyer flask (this thing is tops).
9.jpg

Not pictured:
LDME and dextrose
Irish moss
Some carbonation drops (I may end up eating these before the sale...)
Hydrometer, test tube and thermometer
An assortment of hose
A BIAB bab, and a hops or k&k bag
A big ol' plastic spoon
Iodophor sanitiser and little measuring cup
A bottling tube thing with little valve
Some parts for a weldless fitting
Small samples of a bunch of different grains (I liked to taste them when developing recipes)
Plastic and metal bottle caps
36 glass long necks
12 Little Creatures pint bottles
30 plastic long necks
28 330mL bottles
17 250mL bottles
An assortment of hops and some yeast.
2 books - Palmers How to Brew and Brewing for Dummies

How much for all of this, I hear you ask? 550 bucks. PM me if you're interested.

Stephen.

If anyone was considering getting into BIAB, I'd say go for this set up. All you need to make awesome beer at a good price.

I'm selling because I don't have the time or space to brew and store all the gear. And a few other reasons, none of which involve knitting....

Your claim on the pot is noted iamozziyob. If there are multiple people interested in parts of the setup, and it works out that the whole lot will go, then I will split it up. Will have to work out individual prices if that happens.

I've got the same 'urn' which I use for BIAB. It's true that the original tap is crap but, in case anybody is wondering, it was a simple task to swap it for a ball valve from the homebrew shop.

Dox.

Roughly how tall is that fridge?

Xarb - the fridge is 1m high.

Not that I'm planning on splitting (yet), if it comes to that syd_03 (whose PM inbox is full :huh:) has baggsed:
the capper
the books
the glass 2L flask
and maybe the weldless fitting parts.

FYI that looks like a SS pot? - not aluminium.
Looks identical to both of my 45 liters and my 18 liters (Same stickers on the top to).

If you split I could very well be interested in that fridge.

I just need to figure out how to get it in my car!

Righto, to make life easier for myself, I've listed all the items for sale below. Next to some items I've entered the name of people who have said they would be interested if I end up splitting. In some cases there is a couple peoples names, in order of who got in first.

If you would be interested in something if I decide to split, copy the list and put you name next to what you are interested in.

I know people are unlikely to want to buy some stuff on the list, so if I end up splitting, everyone gets a free gift, whether they want it or not. I won't split until everything of value has a taker.

Aluminium electric urn
SS pot - iamozziyob
Fermenters
Jerry can
Bottle capper - syd_03
Fridge - Xarb / jimmyjackpot
Bottle tree and cleaner squirty thing
2L erlenmyer flask - syd_03
LDME and dextrose
Irish moss
Some carbonation drops
An assortment of hose
BIAB bag
Hops or k&k bag
Big ol' plastic spoon
Iodophor sanitiser and little measuring cup
Bottling tube thing with little valve
Parts for a weldless fitting - syd_03
Small samples of a bunch of different grains (I liked to taste them when developing recipes)
36 glass long necks
30 plastic long necks
28 330mL bottles
17 250mL bottles
2 books - Palmers How to Brew and Brewing for Dummies - syd_03

I've updated the list below - and have just decided that I'll split it up. I'll PM those listed below with a price over the next week, though I may be a bit slow, so if you want to get in first with what you're willing to pay feel free.

One catch though - everyone who buys something has to take home a free "gift", a dozen bottles, some hops, a hydrometer, etc.

Note to all - there's still an urn, a couple fermenters and a bottle tree available!

Righto, to make life easier for myself, I've listed all the items for sale below. Next to some items I've entered the name of people who have said they would be interested if I end up splitting. In some cases there is a couple peoples names, in order of who got in first.

If you would be interested in something if I decide to split, copy the list and put you name next to what you are interested in.

I know people are unlikely to want to buy some stuff on the list, so if I end up splitting, everyone gets a free gift, whether they want it or not. I won't split until everything of value has a taker.

Aluminium electric urn
SS pot - iamozziyob
Fermenters
Jerry can - Mattfos01
Bottle capper - syd_03
Fridge - Xarb / jimmyjackpot
LDME and dextrose
Irish moss
Some carbonation drops
An assortment of hose - Mattfos01
BIAB bag - Mattfos01
Hops or k&k bag - Mattfos01
Big ol' plastic spoon
Iodophor sanitiser and little measuring cup - Mattfos01
36 glass long necks
30 plastic long necks
28 330mL bottles
17 250mL bottles
2 books - Palmers How to Brew and Brewing for Dummies - syd_03

pm sent re ss pot... interested in what the hops are too if still available? maybe the hydrometer package as well, cant hurt to have a spare

:icon_cheers:

The hops are pellets, all kept in the freezer:
Cascade (about 20g)
Northern Brewer (about 95g)
POR (about (60g)
Chinook (about 40g)
Fuggles (about 70g)
Amarillo (about 10g)
Halletau (about 20g)

Some stuff is gone, what's left is listed below. I've put some prices against the big ticket items as a guide, other things, make a reasonable offer. Bottles are free :)

Aluminium electric urn ($70)
Fermenters ($10 each)
Bottle capper - syd_03
Fridge and temperature controller ($170)
LDME and dextrose
Some carbonation drops
Big ol' plastic spoon
36 glass long necks
30 plastic long necks
28 330mL bottles
17 250mL bottles
Some yeast (US-05, WLP565, WLP300, WLP004, WLP810). The liquid yeasts will need to be cultured up a bit to get enough for a batch.
2 books - Palmers How to Brew and Brewing for Dummies

Latest posts

Back