Emegency Capping Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Superautomatica rocks! It's the best capper I have ever used. I have bottled a few thousand and only had 1 flat beer... It had a chip in the top of the bottle. I use woolies caps and never re use them(there only $1.30 for a hundred), I do know a few 'pensioner types' that reuse their caps apparently without trouble.

PostModern said:
Pyssedas Heavy Industrial said:
the turning upside down is also a necessary process to let your carbonation agent mix through your beer properly - assuming of course that you are not bulk-priming
An amazing way to oxidise your beer, too. Don't turn them upside down!
I have to agree with PoMo on this one.

Agitating your finished beer will only oxidise it. A lot of my earlier bottled brews were somewhat "problematic" mainly because I'd been shaking the bottles after capping, to "mix in the bottling sugars".

I'd been given that bad advice by a HBS owner, and once I stopped doing it my bottled brews improved dramatically.

Pyssedas Heavy Industrial said:
Indeed it was my HBS owner who told me to do this - i stand corrected and hope that this did not mislead anyone's brews
PHI,
I beleive you are in Melb. One guess as to which HBS recomended this..

Latest posts

Back